1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra

wathompson

Ramseur, NC
Buick Ownership
New Park Ave Ultra owner. 1999 74000 miles. Need info on electric seat repair. Hear motor but no height adjustment. Very little info online.

bluiewest1

Sustaining Member
Georgia
Buick Ownership
01 Park Avenue base
The nylon gear in the mechanism fails. The motor runs and makes noise, but nothing else.... You have to replace the broken nylon gear with one of these.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

wathompson

Ramseur, NC
Buick Ownership

BuickBill2003

Buick Newbie
Iowa
Buick Ownership
PA 03 Ultra Gray, PA 05 SE Base Gray, PA 03 Base Burgundy, PA 03 Base Copper
I appreciate the info. Just finished replacing the oil pressure sending unit. Seats will be next project.
I have repaired many Park Avenue seats with this issue. Buy a complete motor from a American Science & Surplus called seat motor. Less than 15 dollars each. Good Luck

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Nice heads up on the seat motors from American Science, cool place to visit and see lots of weird stuff been stopping by every once in a while over the years.

Here's the motors

pearsonz

Buick Newbie
Doylestown, PA
Buick Ownership
2004 Buick LeSabre Limited 71K, 200 Buick Park Ave 127K,
Are
I have repaired many Park Avenue seats with this issue. Buy a complete motor from a American Science & Surplus called seat motor. Less than 15 dollars each. Good Luck
Hiya Bill… Are you saying these motors have the gear complete with them?… The picture didn’t seem to indicate that.

BuickBill2003

Buick Newbie
Iowa
Buick Ownership
I'll send a pic. I have installed over a dozen of these in 7 different Park Avenues. I just cut the shaft with a grinder and disassemble the end with threaded nut. Attached pic shows 3 new motors 1 original. I see the are on sale for under $10. I just bought 5 motors a month ago installed 2 in my drivers seat. Passenger yet to go. Hope this helps. Bill 20210101_113603.jpg

Buick Ownership
1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, 2004 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
Thanks, Bill. Just bought a couple of motors. There's something of a "how-to" posted on YouTube, but wondering if there's anything to watch out for with fitment or the replacement procedure. Any tips are welcome.

BuickBill2003

Buick Newbie
Iowa
Buick Ownership
Something I just learned from someone on this site is when replacing the motor. To remove the old motor from the your seat remove the pin (may have to grind/cut head off) that holds the motor to the seat and the NUT on the end is a LEFT hand tread. Removing this nut will allow you to un thread the motor from cage and install new motor.

Buick Ownership
Many thanks!

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
Funny you mention the 4t65e-HD....
I mean it’s not that funny every park avenue ultra pending a small potential bit of 97 cars had the trans and that’s what this thread is about ahd my car is lol

but what’s your secrets divulge them

Buick Ownership
A dreaded 1811 code, and the not-so-secret weakness of the 4t65e transmission.

Buick Ownership
Thanks, Mad_Coachman. Agreed! I've watched a few of these videos, as well as tear-down/rebuild vids. Pretty fascinating. My transmission seems to be behaving lately, which makes me wonder if it might be solenoid(s) on the valve body. Still an expensive fix.