1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
So to keep the seat memory, you would just need to use the brass gear repair? Or take the gears out of these replacement motors? Or are the gears different? Has anyone confirmed that the brass gear fix from ebay will work with the tilt function as well? The tilt doesn't work on either of my seats.
Memory doesnt work and tilt doesnt work? or jsut tilt?
what yeah was yours again

different years have different setups and stuff.. but generally, tilt probably has a spiral kind like the seat track and then both sides of the back are connected at least I think that was how mine does it. One side got disconnected from overweight PO who pushed into seat to get out. So the tilt functions the left backrest but the right stays put. Not fun. But the tilts dont usually break, because they are not like the seat tilt/lift one but again it may be different. Pressing the memory, exit, memory 2, tilting the switch forward and backward all do NOT adjust the tilt?

if you had access to scan tool like a tech 2 you can command the seat to tilt . my switch stopped tilting and it i pressed exit accidently but i used my tech 2 to straighten it out

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

bigblockelectra

Buick Ownership
1998 Park Avenue
1998. When using the switch, I can hear the motor, but there is no movement. Front tilt works, I think. I will have to check again. I disabled the exit feature and will have to check the memory feature. I thought that the exit feature just moved the seat to the full backwards position and did not adjust tilt.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
1998. When using the switch, I can hear the motor, but there is no movement. Front tilt works, I think. I will have to check again. I disabled the exit feature and will have to check the memory feature. I thought that the exit feature just moved the seat to the full backwards position and did not adjust tilt.
In my experience the exit will lean the seat backwards and thats probably from a set level of for/aft or something

such that someone who sits like a square in a 90 degree shape and then sit 2 mm from the airbag could turn to get out my guess. When they hit the ditch like I did 3 years ago yesterday(new year new me hahah right?) you dont want to be close lol
62342789_415814482596194_4202614881976844288_n.jpg 62380397_415814452596197_3843683185149870080_n.jpg Snapchat-1150588079.jpg
itll buff right? not my problem, the guy who bought it wanted an engine and it was sad to see go but I should have kept the seat so I could at least find a way to chop it into a bucket or live without a console till I got another bucket for the next one lol

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
What a shame....I love that color!!! Is it the one that changes colors from Deep blue to purple and back to dark teal?
not so much in person but The camera and lighting can easily change it based on that so perhaps different city illumination and conditions could change it. I never drove in a well lit city or had much time to be around the car in different conditions so I cant know but it is nice, I hated it at first but grew on me

Buick Ownership
1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, 2004 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
So to keep the seat memory, you would just need to use the brass gear repair? Or take the gears out of these replacement motors? Or are the gears different? Has anyone confirmed that the brass gear fix from ebay will work with the tilt function as well? The tilt doesn't work on either of my seats.
...Gears are different. I bought two after market seat motors (much cheaper than the replacement metal gear) to fix the front and rear tilt on the driver seat, but when I opened them up to compare, the gears looked to be of different size. I didn't try to swap them.

Mad_Coachman

Long Island
Buick Ownership
2002 LeSabre Limited
not so much in person but The camera and lighting can easily change it based on that so perhaps different city illumination and conditions could change it. I never drove in a well lit city or had much time to be around the car in different conditions so I cant know but it is nice, I hated it at first but grew

not so much in person but The camera and lighting can easily change it based on that so perhaps different city illumination and conditions could change it. I never drove in a well lit city or had much time to be around the car in different conditions so I cant know but it is nice, I hated it at first but grew on me
If you never saw any difference in color then it was the regular Forest Green. The color I had was Dark Majestic Teal. I had 2 Bonnevilles and one Olds 88 in that color. It's a factory "flip-flop" that is not quite as vivid as the "chameleon" color that the Ford Mustang had many years ago.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1663949859800.png