• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2.0 Reliability Issues

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
FFS..enjoy your new car. I don't think this is a widespread TourX problem and can't recall any member so far that has these issues on 2018+ Regals.

As to long term reliability...who knows for sure..but in general the 2.0T has a fairly good reputation and has been used extensively for a number of years in multiple platforms.

pschall

FFS..enjoy your new car. I don't think this is a widespread TourX problem and can't recall any member so far that has these issues on 2018+ Regals.

As to long term reliability...who knows for sure..but in general the 2.0T has a fairly good reputation and has been used extensively for a number of years in multiple platforms.
Haven't purchased car yet. Still researching and doing due diligence.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
OK. FWIW I am unaware of any widespread serious issue with this car or engine. The engine has been used extensively so they should have worked out the bugs by now. Model wise I have not seen a lot of chatter on the message board thus far with major issues---a good sign given this is a relatively new design

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Ecotec LNF in my GXP had more specific horsepower then any GM production engine ever produced at the time.
The GM Performance power upgrade made it even higher yet.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
I have 80,000 miles on my tuned 2.0 Regal with AWD and it's still holding together. It runs strong and isn't making any strange noises, so I don't foresee any reliability issues with this motor.

Hinky

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
Anyone read about the motor issues on the 2.0T?
Your link to a link to a problem 5 years ago with Cadillacs is not relevant unless you're buying a 5 year old Cadillac.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
Might be good to compare the GM 2.0T with the VW/Audi 2.0T. The VW group has paid millions to replace pistons and rings due to excessive oil consumption. A few Buick’s had issues with the 2014 redesigned version of the engine. I’ve now owned two Audi 2.0 and two Regal 2.0 engines and there is no comparison-the Regal is the hands down winner in my experience.

Pedal Commander