2.4L hybrid w/p0013 code

Babyboy9316

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
200 Buick Lesabre
I have the 2012 hybrid lacrosse and just received this code. Anyone else come across this code and possibly know what needs to be fixed?

richardnewton

Buick Ownership
Buick
Super easy access. Here is a video on testing the wiring and the solenoid. You can remove the solenoid and bench test it. I have cleaned similar solenoids with good results. If you buy a new one get OEM; this is not the place to save a few dollars.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Babyboy9316

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
200 Buick Lesabre
Super easy access. Here is a video on testing the wiring and the solenoid. You can remove the solenoid and bench test it. I have cleaned similar solenoids with good results. If you buy a new one get OEM; this is not the place to save a few dollars.

Thanks I appreciate it. I ended up replacing the solenoid (exhaust one w/black top). So far no issue's yet. I did purchase one off of Amazon though(saved about 30$) but it had over 600 reviews and maintain a higher rating so hopefully it lasts awhile.

richardnewton

Buick Ownership
Buick
P0013 code popped up this weekend. 2013 Lacrose eAssist 2.4L with 35k miles.

PRELIMINARY TESTING - Removed the old exhaust solenoid and it looked to be in good condition; filter was perfectly clean, save a tiny piece of plastic debris smaller than 1mm in size. Exhaust solenoid read about 12 ohms and on 12v test bench solenoid moved fine. The terminals are small and deep set so it is a bit tough to set the probes, that bothered me a bit and it almost seemed like the circuit was intermittent.

Upon further research, several people on forums (including mechanics) stated these 2.4L solenoids have high failure rate for intermittent electric (not sure if it is in the coil or at the terminals). Intermittent assumed to be heat and/or vibration driven.

Once the code appears (and circuit is confirmed good), they recommended replacing in pairs as other solenoid failure was frequently not far behind. Recommended only OEM due to delicate electronics and importance of the part.

*** Make sure area around solenoids is very clean before removing the old solenoids!

*** Make sure the solenoids are fully seated before screwing in (VERIFY BOTTOM FLAT PART OF SOLENOID WHERE SCREW GOES IS FLUSH TO THE ENGINE, WHICH TAKES SOME ENGLISH, NO GAP!!!)

FINAL REPAIR - Confirmed circuit and wiring good up to solenoid. Replaced both intake & exhaust solenoids with GM OEM parts. Yellow check engine light turned itself off. Car idles quieter and smoother; engine is more responsive also.

richardnewton

Buick Ownership
Buick
Power band is much smoother and peppy on highway acceleration.

I have seen some people suggest changing both soelnoids at regular intervals as they are high-failure items & replacement improves drive-ability .