2 New Regals lots of issues

michaeltehan1

Buick Ownership
Buick
I purchased two Regals this year one in April and the second in October. It has not been the greatest experience. I will say the dealership is not at fault and has been very helpful.

My first Regal was the regular version with package 5(Germany) which includes the nice audio and a sunroof. Right from the start this car had check engine light for the fuel system, the Bluetooth module had to be replaced and it had the grinding noise on start up which resulted in a new solenoid. This resulted in about 3 visits to the dealership.

The second 2011 Regal was a T06 black onyx (Canada). As I drove home the suspension service light came on, The headliner was almost completely unhooked and falling down, left front tire was defective with a bounce and had to be replaced, needed an alignment and the last issue so far is the gear shift will not function in manual mode. On top of all of this there was a recall as well that involved ordering parts. This car currently has 1,500 miles on it and is in the shop for the third time getting fixed.

You would think for all of the problems I have had GM would offer some sort of compensation. I have spent a lot of time going back and forth to dealerships with a brand new car. Very frustrating.

NewTekBuzz

Flint Area
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal T07
I purchased two Regals this year one in April and the second in October. It has not been the greatest experience. I will say the dealership is not at fault and has been very helpful.

My first Regal was the regular version with package 5(Germany) which includes the nice audio and a sunroof. Right from the start this car had check engine light for the fuel system, the Bluetooth module had to be replaced and it had the grinding noise on start up which resulted in a new solenoid. This resulted in about 3 visits to the dealership.

The second 2011 Regal was a T06 black onyx (Canada). As I drove home the suspension service light came on, The headliner was almost completely unhooked and falling down, left front tire was defective with a bounce and had to be replaced, needed an alignment and the last issue so far is the gear shift will not function in manual mode. On top of all of this there was a recall as well that involved ordering parts. This car currently has 1,500 miles on it and is in the shop for the third time getting fixed.

You would think for all of the problems I have had GM would offer some sort of compensation. I have spent a lot of time going back and forth to dealerships with a brand new car. Very frustrating.

Welcome!
sorry to hear about all the problems. some of that should have been caught by the dealer IMO. I hope they get everything taken care of for you.
when I picked my car up and got it home I noticed that there were little tar spots all of the passenger side window, paint and rims. I called right away and told my sales men about it. it also looked like they just sprayed it off and not really detailed it out. I found leaves under the hood and some scratches on the fuse box and quarter panel where they had to jump the battery and were careless!

Tim

CXLTsouth

Buick Ownership
Buick
Sorry for your bad luck, I haven't had my car to the dealer for anything or one problem out of my car.
I also want to add that my car is slightly modified and tuned.

Detroit, USA
I am also very sorry to hear about your experiences. Did you ever have a case with customer assistance? I would be happy to look into this for you. Please feel free to contact me privately with more information. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

goobee

Sunny California
Buick Ownership
2011 Opel Insignia CXL T07
While I won't necessarily recommend my dealer to anyone to buy a car from, their service department took care of the "Service Suspension" warning light problem I had. Everything else has been very satisfactory since.

michaeltehan1

Buick Ownership
Buick
I get the turbo back today and can't wait, tired of driving this loaner. The gearshift parts are on backorder so I will have to make yet another trip to the dealer in a week or two.

blah

montgomery county, md
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal '11 6sp
I get the turbo back today and can't wait, tired of driving this loaner. The gearshift parts are on backorder so I will have to make yet another trip to the dealer in a week or two.

Is your car an auto or manual? My biggest complaint with my car so far is the 6sp shifter sucks in cold weather (at least that is what I've convinced myself what the problem)

michaeltehan1

Buick Ownership
Buick
seems to be an ongoing issue, just noticed the new thread that came up. I am also seeing a lot of tires being replaced on the turbos for balance issues. I have had mine in twice and they still aren't balanced. Anyone have a solution?

michaeltehan1

Buick Ownership
Buick
Back to the shop again with 3 tires out of balance by more than an ounce and the alignment on front and rear out as well as the camber. Also have the cloudy chrome strips that need replaced........hopefully done with all of this warranty work soon the car only has 4,000 miles and this is the 4-5th time in.

michaeltehan1

Buick Ownership
Buick
Car back for a week and now Service Stabilitrack warnings are coming on each day with code C0040, this is turning into a nightmare, tired of taking off work to get my 'new" car fixed. 5,000 miles.

Boosted

Delaware
When does it get to the point where its so bad it can be considered a lemon? Or is that serious damage only? I hope you figure everything out with your car and get to enjoy it.

michaeltehan1

Buick Ownership
Buick
I'm not sure but i'm looking into it. I would love to enjoy the car and have everything fine on it. I like the car so much I keep making up excuses for all of the problems I have had but at some point enough is enough. I just pm'd Tricia back today so we will see what happens.

rausd27

Buick Ownership
Buick
Nothing will happen. They will call you, take some information and then a few days later call you back to tell you the dealership said the car is running as it should. Trust me, it happened to me. They did offer to pay for all maintenance and oil changes. I would prefer they fix the vibration in the vehicle.

Sad really.

Newtfox

Ohio
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS
I had the vibration at 170 miles. Dealer told me they replaced three tires that were flatspotted from sitting on the lot. I have yet to get the car back since they have to align my body panels since the factory couldn't get it right.

michaeltehan1

Buick Ownership
Buick
Car has been in the shop again since Monday, was called and told will be there until at least Wednesday. Chrome molding replacements came in, getting the vibration issue fixed again(hopefully right this time). Stabilitrak light has been coming on and off.....They found the right front stabilitrak harnass was just laying in the car and rubbing on the CV Boot. Both harness and boot are being replaced. Car has now been in the shop for 7 times, I have been working with Buick customer service to hopefully get this resolved.

Adamantine

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
When does it get to the point where its so bad it can be considered a lemon? Or is that serious damage only? I hope you figure everything out with your car and get to enjoy it.

I believe the lemon law is 3 times for the same issue. Probably better to just google it.

Newtfox

Ohio
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS
I dropped my car off to have the vibration issue fixed for the second time on the morning of December 23 and my car is still in the shop. I will let you know if the dealer fixes it when I get it back. The fact that it has taken this long does not give me much confidence.

michaeltehan1

Buick Ownership
Buick
Have the car back after another week in the shop and everything seems to be working like new. Finally have a new car after 6,200 miles and 8 trips to the shop. GM called and offered 2 years of free oil changes for my trouble. Better than nothing I guess.

tygriff

Burlington, ON
Buick Ownership
2015 Regal Turbo
Michaeltehan1,

Can you provide details on what was done to resolve the vibration? I have both a 2011 Regal and a 2010 Malibu. While my Regal doesn't have any vibration issues (yet, fingers crossed), my Malibu does. Dealer has replaced tires, balanced 2x and then road force balanced and it still is there. Since the Regal and Malibu are on the same platform, I am thinking what your dealership found could help resolve my issue.
On the Chevy Malibu forum, there are MANY new gen malibu owners struggling with this vibration issue. Any insight is greatly appreciated:)

Get your turbo buick badge right here!