2 quick horn chirps?`

Barry

Palm Springs, CA.
2012 LaCrosse Mocha Steel Prem. pkg, chrome wheels HUD, 2013 Verano Turbo Mocha Bronze Metallic.
Occasionally, when getting in or out of the car, it chirps its horn twice. I'm not leaving the remote in the car and can't figure out what it is telling me. It happens when opening the door....Any ideas??

shoman90

Buick
Occasionally, when getting in or out of the car, it chirps its horn twice. I'm not leaving the remote in the car and can't figure out what it is telling me. It happens when opening the door....Any ideas??
Try going into the config menu and checking/unchecking the settings you for alerts. I have found this to work on several little things that sometimes crop up. The BSA system is one that comes to mind

Barry

Palm Springs, CA.
2012 LaCrosse Mocha Steel Prem. pkg, chrome wheels HUD, 2013 Verano Turbo Mocha Bronze Metallic.
Usually when opening the door. wife seems to think it happens when we shutdown and exit but change the sequence of things......hasn't done it for a few days now.....

driver

2012 Buick Lacrosse w/Touring Package. Mocha/Ebony
I had posted a similar topic a while back on our 2012 Lacrosse Touring. Ours would occasionaly chirp twice after getting into the car and closing the driver door. We had it at the dealer once for this and they were baffled. They called us a week later and said GM wanted them to try several other things so we brought it back but again no luck. We were told GM had one other open service ticket for this in the country and at the time did not have an answer. We were asked to try and keep track when this occured and I think we have just recently figured it out.

When exiting the vehicle if you were to open the driver door BEFORE shutting off the car (start/off button) then the next time you get in the car and closed the door the horn chirps twice!

My appologies for not posting on this sooner but I totaly forgot.

Carnuts

Buick
The double beep is a signal that you left the key in your car when you get out.

If your wife has her key fob in her purse when you get out of the car with your fob in your pocket, the computer still thinks you left a key in the car.

The only cures are to: 1. disengage the function in the config feature, as noted above, 2. not worry about it or 3. leave your wife home.

It does it to me every time I get out to put gas in the vehicle with my wife in the car.

Barry

Palm Springs, CA.
Well, now that makes sense but......mine has chirpped the next morning when wife got in to go to work....by herself.

driver

2012 Buick Lacrosse w/Touring Package. Mocha/Ebony
Carnuts, this has nothing to do with leaving the key fob in the car or with the wife in the car with her key fob. The horn chirps when you get IN the car and after closing the door. We've proven how the cycle works in my previous post in this thread.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Carnuts

Buick
Carnuts, this has nothing to do with leaving the key fob in the car or with the wife in the car with her key fob. The horn chirps when you get IN the car and after closing the door. We've proven how the cycle works in my previous post in this thread.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Sorry "driver". Mine beeps on exit not on entering the car and yes, I have tested it too with and without the second fob in the car. One fob, no beep; two fobs, two beeps. Never had a beep on getting in.

Your Buick must have a defect. Best call the dealer who will tell you it is your fault. Then, Buick Customer Service will post to apologize and tell you to contact them if you have a problem at the dealer. Viscous circle. I'm still trying to make my wife believe it is her fault and to stay home.:icon:

shoman90

Buick
Sorry "driver". Mine beeps on exit not on entering the car and yes, I have tested it too with and without the second fob in the car. One fob, no beep; two fobs, two beeps. Never had a beep on getting in.

Your Buick must have a defect. Best call the dealer who will tell you it is your fault. Then, Buick Customer Service will post to apologize and tell you to contact them if you have a problem at the dealer. Viscous circle. I'm still trying to make my wife believe it is her fault and to stay home.:icon:
Mine works like just like Carnuts

mmadden2

Northern VA
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
Wife and I just got back from a quick weekend jaunt up to State College, PA - about 450 miles round trip. What an awesome car. Smooth as silk, with lots of power. Before leaving I reset the average mileage thing and it looks like we got 26mpg for the entire journey- that's better than I anticipated.

I keep a key in my pocket, my wife keeps her's in her purse. After hearing this multi-chirp (I'd call it a triple chirp) several times over the past few days, I searched out this thread. I just went back out to the car and changed the settings to see how it'll work for us. My new setting is...

Vehicle > Remote Lock/Unlock/Start > Remote Left In Vehicle > Off

Hopefully the chirps stop every time get gas, a coffee, or any other reason I need to leave the car with my wife still in it. Also hope I don't somehow regret undo-ing this feature :)

pogster

Alberta
Wife and I just got back from a quick weekend jaunt up to State College, PA - about 450 miles round trip. What an awesome car. Smooth as silk, with lots of power. Before leaving I reset the average mileage thing and it looks like we got 26mpg for the entire journey- that's better than I anticipated.

I keep a key in my pocket, my wife keeps her's in her purse. After hearing this multi-chirp (I'd call it a triple chirp) several times over the past few days, I searched out this thread. I just went back out to the car and changed the settings to see how it'll work for us. My new setting is...

Vehicle > Remote Lock/Unlock/Start > Remote Left In Vehicle > Off

Hopefully the chirps stop every time get gas, a coffee, or any other reason I need to leave the car with my wife still in it. Also hope I don't somehow regret undo-ing this feature :)
Or you just have her fill the tank since the filler is on her side anyway and all you have to do is get the coffee and/or munchies. :D

HMTJ6821

Buick LaCrosse 2016
I have found that, if I started the car and I leave the car with the engine running (key fob in pocket) --even when I lock the doors, that my wife or son will report that the chirp sounded after I walked out of range.

I have not had the engine stop even after being away from the car for more than thirty minutes unlike the remote start that will turn off the engine after ten minutes unless started.

mmadden2

Northern VA
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
Or you just have her fill the tank since the filler is on her side anyway and all you have to do is get the coffee and/or munchies. :D
I rethought your suggestion and figured I give it a shot. "A guy on the internet thinks the car will stop making noises at us if you start pumping the gas." I'm not exactly sure if she's answered yet- so far I've received an unusual look that I don't recognize, but no verbal response. Is that a yes? :rolleyes:

I have found that, if I started the car and I leave the car with the engine running (key fob in pocket) --even when I lock the doors, that my wife or son will report that the chirp sounded after I walked out of range.

I have not had the engine stop even after being away from the car for more than thirty minutes unlike the remote start that will turn off the engine after ten minutes unless started.
I have a feeling I'll be leaving the car running while I handle other duties more and more.

Last edited:

pogster

Alberta
I rethought your suggestion and figured I give it a shot. "A guy on the internet thinks the car will stop making noises at us if you start pumping the gas." I'm not exactly sure if she's answered yet- so far I've received an unusual look that I don't recognize, but no verbal response. Is that a yes? :rolleyes:
I think so. I just tried that on my wife and got the same look so I took it as a yes.

Then she said something about the sofa. :confused:

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2015 Infiniti Q50 AWD Sport Hybrid
Then she said something about the sofa. :confused:
I think if you ask her to repeat it, you'll know that likely she said "What an amazing solution to our problem. Just for that, you can have the bed all to yourself, I'll sleep on the sofa".

Yes, I think that's what she must have said.

Turbo Buick Badge