2 YEAR RUNNING ISSUES

BYEARWOOD8657

Buick Ownership
2011 enclave
We have a 2011 Enclave that two dealers cant figure out the problem. The first issue was two years ago when out of no where the car started going into reduced power mode. The engine shook like the engine was about to come out of the car. We could slow down and pull over and the car would eventually go back to normal. I took it to the dealer and he said the code was high pressure fuel pump. They changed that ($600.00), I drove home and the same thing happened a couple of days later. I took it back and the dealer now said #1 injector was bad. He changed that I drove home. A few days later the same thing happened again. This time he changed #3 injector. I drove home a few days later same thing. At this point I had been doing some reading and I had read about a throttle body technical recall. I contacted the dealer and they changed the throttle body and it seemed to get better. It would go months without an issue but murphy's law late at night when I was out of town it happened with my wife driving. She limped back to the house. I called Buick customer care they sent me to another dealer. I took it to that dealer and they told me it was the catalytic converter. He quoted me $2500.00 to install a new one. I didn't believe that was the problem so I took it to a national muffler shop. They did a backflow test and said the CC was fine. All along the car would run Great until it went into reduced power mode. Recently it started to shudder at cruising speeds. It runs fine while you are accelerating up through the gears but when it settles down to a cruise it feels like it is starving for fuel off and on. (no codes)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This has been a two year stressful journey.

I digress but it is disappoint that dealers do not have the capability to do diagnostic work without a code

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
As it seems that you have had a lot of parts installed or checked on the engine has the transmission ever been checked, I ask as that can put the car in limp mode. I wouldn't say it's a absolute, but it could be something to get checked, bad or loose connections and possibly a transmission scan.

There could be some stored codes on the engine side, but I would have hoped that those had been checked by the service techs.

More information I'm sure will come from others on the forum.

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
14 Lacrosse Premium AWD 15 Enclave Premium
We have a 2011 Enclave that two dealers cant figure out the problem. The first issue was two years ago when out of no where the car started going into reduced power mode. The engine shook like the engine was about to come out of the car. We could slow down and pull over and the car would eventually go back to normal. I took it to the dealer and he said the code was high pressure fuel pump. They changed that ($600.00), I drove home and the same thing happened a couple of days later. I took it back and the dealer now said #1 injector was bad. He changed that I drove home. A few days later the same thing happened again. This time he changed #3 injector. I drove home a few days later same thing. At this point I had been doing some reading and I had read about a throttle body technical recall. I contacted the dealer and they changed the throttle body and it seemed to get better. It would go months without an issue but murphy's law late at night when I was out of town it happened with my wife driving. She limped back to the house. I called Buick customer care they sent me to another dealer. I took it to that dealer and they told me it was the catalytic converter. He quoted me $2500.00 to install a new one. I didn't believe that was the problem so I took it to a national muffler shop. They did a backflow test and said the CC was fine. All along the car would run Great until it went into reduced power mode. Recently it started to shudder at cruising speeds. It runs fine while you are accelerating up through the gears but when it settles down to a cruise it feels like it is starving for fuel off and on. (no codes)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This has been a two year stressful journey.

I digress but it is disappoint that dealers do not have the capability to do diagnostic work without a code
I don’t know what your problem can be. What I can tell you is I have a corvette that went in to reduced power years ago. I checked in the manual and they suggest changing the fuel I was using. I was using Sunoco high test and changed to different high test fuels. Have not had a problem since. I like to change off and on from regular to high test in the E. Good luck with your problem.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.