• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

20” BBS wheels installed!

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
After picking up the TourX in December, and a long winter of planning, Spring is finally nearly sprung here in New York- I simply couldn’t wait any longer!

Having grown up in the VW/Audi scene of the 90/00s, I guess I still hold an affinity for nice German cars on nice German wheels. So, without further ado...

20x9.5” BBS CX-R wrapped in 235/40/20 on my Tri-Coat White TourX:

Thanks to forum member Rhetoric for dealing with and listening to my ramblings of fitment. I should add that the flow formed BBS’ saved quite a bit of weight vs the (IMO) terrible factory wheels, which have now been mounted with proper snow tires. I think these absolutely made and transformed the car, and I hope you do too!

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
That looks nice, love how it looks like they are spaced out a little. So a few questions; what tires did you go with and how does it ride? Rhetoric mentioned in another thread that his 20's had stiff side walls. Are you lowered? Doesn't look like it but the lighting isn't helping my old eyes. I am torn between lowering and going up in wheel size. Not sure I can do both with the crappy roads here. I love the look of big wheels but think I may appreciate the buttoned down feel from performance springs.

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
That looks nice, love how it looks like they are spaced out a little. So a few questions; what tires did you go with and how does it ride? Rhetoric mentioned in another thread that his 20's had stiff side walls. Are you lowered? Doesn't look like it but the lighting isn't helping my old eyes. I am torn between lowering and going up in wheel size. Not sure I can do both with the crappy roads here. I love the look of big wheels but think I may appreciate the buttoned down feel from performance springs.
Thanks! Yes, I went aggressive on the offset and it paid off IMO.

The ride is excellent, no noticeable depreciation on ride quality (and we’re still in bad shape here roadwise too). Handling is very much improved! The 235/40s still have a lot of side wall, by no means a rubber band. They are 3.5” vs 4.5” stock. I absolutely hated the continentals, in fact, I think the Goodyear Ultra Ice snows I installed handled better!

Stock ride height as well, but debating going with the H&Rs too. I think I may already have the control arm clunk so will have to have that addressed first.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
That offset reminds me off the look a lot of B5 guys were going for but had to roll fenders to get there.

So what rubber did you end up going with? Might be good to start compiling a list and subjective comfort ratings. I know when I had my Legacy GT wagon some tires just seemed to be a little more compliant but still handled great. I wonder if part of your comfort comes from reducing the unsprung weight.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
That offset reminds me off the look a lot of B5 guys were going for but had to roll fenders to get there.

So what rubber did you end up going with? Might be good to start compiling a list and subjective comfort ratings. I know when I had my Legacy GT wagon some tires just seemed to be a little more compliant but still handled great. I wonder if part of your comfort comes from reducing the unsprung weight.
Reducing that unsprung weight is a big factor. Our factory wheels and tires are pigs.

Looking good, BR! Let your VW roots shine through!

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
...and the “unsprung weight” flood gates have opened ;)

How much do these weigh vs stock? It’s one of the biggest reasons I’m hesitating to move up +2.

Poke looks really aggressive - are they flush with the cladding? What is offset?

I was considering a 255/35 set-up on 9”x20”...

Can’t go wrong with BBS - they look really nice.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX

How much do these weigh vs stock? It’s one of the biggest reasons I’m hesitating to move up +2.

Poke looks really aggressive - are they flush with the cladding? What is offset?

He can't give away all his secrets! I wouldn't want anyone copying my combo. (Even though I'll probably copy this one day). ;-)

They have to be lighter than the factory wheels/tires. My super scientific home scale clocked them in at over 50lbs a piece.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
He can't give away all his secrets! I wouldn't want anyone copying my combo. (Even though I'll probably copy this one day). ;-)

They have to be lighter than the factory wheels/tires. My super scientific home scale clocked them in at over 50lbs a piece.
Ha! I’m more of an Alpina/Style 32 fan - but I have to admit these look good...really good!

As for the stock weight, my back already aches when I will have to huff them up the ladder to store them above the garage. I’ll keep the Advil handy...

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX

Haha yeah man, you guys know that offset is the secret sauce! The BBS weigh 24lbs, the factory 18” was nearly 30* on my beer belly accurate bathroom scale.

Alpina’s are nice....on a BMW. My 540iT M Sport had the pretty rare 18” variety of the 32s as well.

Last edited:

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX

The total offset has them sitting flush with the cladding:

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Agreed! In full sun these look amazing. Probably more $ than I can sneak past the wife but you never know.
Thanks guys! I guess I was trying to get too artsy with the garage pics lol! It’s hard shooting a white car in full sun, but yes the finish is polished and anthracite two tone.

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I can only find these wheels with 5x112 bolt pattern, do you mind sharing the detailed specs on yours?

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence

I measured 51 to 52 Lbs each.

Offest?

Pedal Commander