• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

20" Cascada rims on a GS

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
20 Regal GS, 12 Regal GS (past)
Hey all, Im about to pull the trigger on buying a set of 20" Cascada rims for my GS. Has anyone else done this yet? I saw another thread with a TourX sporting these but would love to see a pics of GS (white would be even better).

Also planning on a set of Michelin PSS 255/35/20's. I know the width is wider but I'll run 5mm spacers oof needed. Next up that Opel GSi spoiler :)

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
No one here has put those on a GS, that I know of.

But... I have the next best thing. Found these while browsing EU used car sale sites. With the spacers and spoiler, your GS will look sharp! Can't wait to see it. I'll be putting the 20” Opel wheels on mine and have the spoiler sitting in the box waiting for paint 😁
OPEL-INSIGNIA-03 (1).jpg OPEL-INSIGNIA-00 (1).jpg OPEL-INSIGNIA-04 (1).jpg

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
They really do. I think the black window trim and what I'm pretty sure are lowering springs really make this particular Insignia look better than most. Even though I bought the Opel wheels, I think these may actually look better.

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
No one here has put those on a GS, that I know of.

But... I have the next best thing. Found these while browsing EU used car sale sites. With the spacers and spoiler, your GS will look sharp! Can't wait to see it. I'll be putting the 20” Opel wheels on mine and have the spoiler sitting in the box waiting for paint 😁
They really do. I think the black window trim and what I'm pretty sure are lowering springs really make this particular Insignia look better than most. Even though I bought the Opel wheels, I think these may actually look better.
So you bought the rims but just haven't put them on yet? Waiting for tires?

I found the below specs for the GS, Tour X and Cascada on wheel-size.com. It looks like the Cascada rim differences are a +0.1mm larger bore center and +1mm deeper offset. Far as I can tell they should be a fit then. I'm a little worried perhaps the Brembos on the GS could cause an issue that wouldn't show up on the Tour X. Looks like I might have to take a chance and find out. I will be running the 5mm spacers to account for the 10mm wider tires. Hopefully the lugs have +5mm to spare.

That Insignia is sharp, I saw that one also. I'm on the fence regarding the black window trim and would lower it a bit less IMO. The black roof looks really good though but not sure if it'll look like "too much" in reality.

GS:
Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 6.37.13 PM.png
Cascada:
Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 6.38.19 PM.png

Tour X (known fitment):
Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 6.37.52 PM.png

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
So you bought the rims but just haven't put them on yet? Waiting for tires?
Yeah, exactly. There hasn't been much of a rush for me since the stock wheels and tires only have 13k miles on them.

These are the wheels I bought: Boxes From Germany: A GS Modification Thread. These have an offset of 49mm so I will definitely need to throw some spacers on in order to get them back to stock or flush with the fender. I threw them on tonight and they fit just fine with ~5mm of clearance between the back face of the spokes and the Brembos. The GS wheels have about the same clearance.
IMG_20210315_200410.jpg

I think the Cascada wheels will clear just fine. They were also used on the Astra which had Brembos on certain trims. You won't know until you fit them up but I don't expect you'll have any issues.

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
Yeah, exactly. There hasn't been much of a rush for me since the stock wheels and tires only have 13k miles on them.

These are the wheels I bought: Boxes From Germany: A GS Modification Thread. These have an offset of 49mm so I will definitely need to throw some spacers on in order to get them back to stock or flush with the fender. I threw them on tonight and they fit just fine with ~5mm of clearance between the back face of the spokes and the Brembos. The GS wheels have about the same clearance.
View attachment 29171

I think the Cascada wheels will clear just fine. They were also used on the Astra which had Brembos on certain trims. You won't know until you fit them up but I don't expect you'll have any issues.
So I went ahead and pulled the trigger on these. I’m tentatively planning to get them installed Saturday. I wound up trading in the stock rims and tires and will just run a set of BF Goodrich G-Force Comp 2 All Seasons instead of having dedicated seasonal sets. As much as I like my GS, it’s overkill IMO to run a set of PSS’s like I had on my old ATS-V.

Any referrals where to get a set of 5mm 5*115mm spacers? I looked on Eibach’s site and they don’t even list Buick in the sizing chart. LOL. There aren’t too many geezers out there throwing spacers on their Buick’s I suppose :)

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Any referrals where to get a set of 5mm 5*115mm spacers?
I have never purchased any of their products, but these folks have been very helpful and were quick to answer the many questions I had.

I was planning to order 14mm spacers from them but that was going to require longer studs and the entire hub assemblies must be removed to replace them. Between the extra cost of buying quality studs and the time invested in pulling the hubs/swapping studs, I decided against it. So, as many others have, I'll be going with the 9mm spacers from H&R.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
So I went ahead and pulled the trigger on these. I’m tentatively planning to get them installed Saturday. I wound up trading in the stock rims and tires and will just run a set of BF Goodrich G-Force Comp 2 All Seasons instead of having dedicated seasonal sets. As much as I like my GS, it’s overkill IMO to run a set of PSS’s like I had on my old ATS-V.

Any referrals where to get a set of 5mm 5*115mm spacers? I looked on Eibach’s site and they don’t even list Buick in the sizing chart. LOL. There aren’t too many geezers out there throwing spacers on their Buick’s I suppose :)
Interested to hear what you think of the Comps...they are on my short list currently.

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
I have never purchased any of their products, but these folks have been very helpful and were quick to answer the many questions I had.

I was planning to order 14mm spacers from them but that was going to require longer studs and the entire hub assemblies must be removed to replace them. Between the extra cost of buying quality studs and the time invested in pulling the hubs/swapping studs, I decided against it. So, as many others have, I'll be going with the 9mm spacers from H&R.
OK thanks, I'll look into those. I'll have time to get em before install, I just found out the wheels are a 3-4 weeks lead time from order. Somehow I heard 3-4 days originally. I heard what I wanted to hear I suppose.
Interested to hear what you think of the Comps...they are on my short list currently.
I will let you know. They were a pretty cheap option in 255/20's at $740 for the set installed (plus new TPMS). They are priced at $728 on TireRack (plus install). The reviews were very positive, I've had good luck in the past trusting the user reviews.

Last edited:

Skynet

Augusta, GA
Buick Ownership
Insignia Country Tourer

View attachment 29171

I recall your "boxes from Germany" thread a while back. Where (who) did you get them from? I prefer these to the Cascada wheels but can't find them on eBay.de. What's your source?

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
Thanks! I wound up buying 5mm spacers from these guys (US wheel adapters).

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800
I have no personal experience with them but I hear those cheap spacers are to be avoided, especially the type that are not hub-centric. I'm running 1" spacers but only feel good about them because once bolted onto the hub it is a single assembly and each spacer has its own lugs.

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
So I just realized I screwed up sizing of the new tires. I originally started with 245/35/20's because the sizes were identical. I bumped them to 255's bc that is a std size for the BFG's, all I'd have to do is run a 5mm spacer to keep the inside edge of the tire same as stock. I figured the resulting extra 10mm of offset outside would look good so win/win.

I forgot the "35" is a percent of the 255 not a fixed sidewall height as I had previously thought, therefore the diameter is now larger by a bit. Any idea if this additional 0.3" diameter is going to be a problem? Looking at the below the rev/mile count is -8 and some small differences. Im mostly concerned about fitment.

255/35/20 vs stock:
Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 9.06.22 AM.png

245/35/20 vs stock:
Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 9.06.51 AM.png

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
It took 5 weeks from time of order (thanks Covid), but I'll finally get these rims and tires installed tomorrow. Im very curious to find out if there are any differences in the ride quality. Reading through the foam separation thread regarding the Conti tires I think I may be a victim too, I guess we'll see. I'll post pics soon.

chambe

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
It took 5 weeks from time of order (thanks Covid), but I'll finally get these rims and tires installed tomorrow. Im very curious to find out if there are any differences in the ride quality. Reading through the foam separation thread regarding the Conti tires I think I may be a victim too, I guess we'll see. I'll post pics soon.
Be sure to post pics and comments

Get your turbo buick badge right here!