2000 Buick Century A/C problems

Kk2261

Buick Ownership
2000 century
Hello everyone after months of my air not properly going through my middle vents (it goes through mid and floor when set to mid) I thought I would need to replace the air door actuator because worth a shot and the vacuum lines under the hood are fine. I had it set in the middle when installing it but now Oh my driver side the air will not cool down but it will heat up just fine.

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I had the same issue on a 98 Regal many moons ago.

Check if it's low on refrigerant.

On the hot days when you have the AC running it should be between 50 and 55 psi on the lowside ac port. If it's at 35 to 40 psi, it might not blow cold on drivers side, only mild air will come out. Even tho 35 psi is the minimum of the range, it's not enough for hot days.

hitshane

Buick Newbie
Saint Petersburg, FL
Buick Ownership
2005 Century Custom
Having the air not come out of the correct vents of course is one thing. But whether you have dual climate control or not if you're having weird issues like that it is probably the resistor pack. I replaced one before it's a pain in the ass to get to. If you were sitting in the front passenger seat and you stuck your feet up all the way till your toes were as far as they went up in behind the glove box, that's where the panel is to access it.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
If the fan is blowing as previously mentioned, it is not a blower control module causing the problem! You obvisouly have a blend door problem which cannot be diagnosed from here.

Kk2261

Buick Ownership
2000 century
Thanks everyone just WA Ted to update I put the original actuator in and the air is blowing as cold as it used to. So I'm just going to return this new one and try to find more about my vent problem

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Thanks for the update.

Many aftermarket electronics are not worth their weight in shit. At least you can use shit as fertilizer !

OEM stuff is always a safe bet.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.