2000 LeSabre - installing subwoofers and a new stereo

mielke

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick LeSabre
I have a stock stereo in my 2000 LeSabre. I have heard I will need a new stereo for the subs. If I need a new stereo, I have seen I will need a new wiring harness as well. Does anyone have any recommendations?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
why dont you just install the subs and then decide whether you need to upgrade the radio?

mielke

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick LeSabre
I've heard I would need a new stereo, how would I hook up the stock to subs?

NickaV

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Buick Ownership
2000 Buick LeSabre Custom
Last edited:

Alexander Wilkinson

Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
Buick Ownership
Buick
I just put one in mine using the harness that Nicka suggested. If you do install a different deck, you'll need to cut out a bunch of plastic in the dash that houses the original Dock n' Lock system. Also be very careful while taking the dash apart, and try not to break the clips

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

GerGa

CT
Buick Ownership
94' Lesabre, 2004 Lesabre Limited, Gran Touring
Check out this thread: http://buickforums.com/forums/threads/29020-New-aftermarket-Stereo-finallyinstalled-in-04

The guy used an "Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface" to retain the steering wheel stereo functions
Also an Axxess GMOS-05, which is needed to retain on star and warning chimes such as when you leave the keys in the ignition.

Can't speak to whether the scosche does any of that, as I have no experience with it, but probably not. I am researching how to change out my radio as well.

G-774981

What is the dock n lock what rivet there talking about

Mad_Coachman

Long Island
Buick Ownership
2002 LeSabre Limited 150k miles
Dock and Lock is the way the factory radio slides into place to connect with the harness and then locks into place with the metal clips that are mounted to the sides of the radio.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners