2000 LS concert sound 2

hitshane

Buick Newbie
Saint Petersburg, FL
Buick Ownership
2005 Century Custom
Does anyone have a wiring diagram or can tell me where the wires route to the rear deck. Also my driver door speakers are not working. The right door works but when I hit the brakes the rear speakers will cut on and off as though there's a connection loose somewhere maybe a pigtail.

It is not shorting out where the wires connect to the rear speakers it is somewhere between there and the radio.

Does anyone know if there's a preamp somewhere? Would I just be better off running all new wires than trying to diagnose the stock wires?

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL, 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The driver's door speaker could be the radio head harness conections, the harness between the door and frame or the speaker connections in the door. Here's a site below on this subject, but it's simple to check the speakers by just using a known good source or a 9v battery.

About the radio.
My rear speakers are very quiet!

hitshane

Buick Newbie
Saint Petersburg, FL
Buick Ownership
2005 Century Custom
Yeah I'm sure it's the wires shorted out somewhere not the actual speakers though they are old and blown. I guess I'll go get a Chilton's or a Haynes manual so I can figure out which wire's go to what.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.