2000 Park Avenue Secondary Air Injection

avtechwx3

Buick Ownership
1992 buick lesabre and 2000 buick park avenue
Hi Folks,
N
Replaced upstream O2 sensor and Egr valve due to codes. Now getting code for secondary air aka smog pump. Location and install are my questions. Thanks much.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
Hi Folks,
N
Replaced upstream O2 sensor and Egr valve due to codes. Now getting code for secondary air aka smog pump. Location and install are my questions. Thanks much.
Is your vehicle a california emissions car? There shouldnt be a secondary air injection system on this engine unless you are in california in certain years

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
#31 GM#12568224 PUMP,SECD AIR INJN(ACDelco #215-417), you will need to confirm part number for your vehicle. If you are tossing parts at a code it may be worth getting it checked with a professional scan or service.

981210GM03-056.png

avtechwx3

Buick Ownership
Thanks for the replies.

No, its not a California car, car was bought in Ct. Why would the code be going off if secondary air should not be installed? Does that happen?

Originally, I replaced the upstream O2 sensor after replacing the cat a year ago. no problem with the cat but i then replaced the O2 sensor again with a better unit because I kept getting the code. Then got the EGR code once with the car shaking upon startup numerous times. Replaced that and no more shaking or code.

Now i'm getting the upstream O2 and secondary air code most of the time together. Engine running great though.

Any ideas?

avtechwx3

Buick Ownership
0410 for the secondary air and whatever the upstream O2 sensor is. Usually happens on startup which is when secondary air activates during the first 2 minutes.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Check the diagram for the part simple way to find out, but if you or someone you know isn't the original owner hard to say where the car came from. There may be additional stickers in the engine compartment that may be helpful. Sorry I don't know much about the pump, hoses, one way check valve, there may be a fuse or relay that should be checked.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
Are there brackets hanging off the front part of the subframe toward the forward ears? That is where the secondary air pump mounts and one diverter valve I think.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!