2001 Buck Century No Start/Light for gear selector and odometer out

ede smith

Buick Ownership
Century
I had a strange no start situation yesterday. No starter sound, battery was charged. After popping the hood and trying the key again repeatedly, it started. Around the same time I noticed the light around the instrument odometer/gear selector no longer works. I'm about to go check with a test light the fuse panel but I'm wondering if this may be somehow related that the car didn't start. Thoughts?

century61

Indiana
Buick Ownership
2008 Buick Lucerne 3.8 liter
I had a 2002 Century that had issues with the dash. It was actually bad solder on the dash panel and resistors that fell off. I removed the Dash panel and resoldered them. Fixed that. As for the not starting I would first start with bad grounds.

chem_man

Buick Newbie
Fallston, MD
Buick Ownership
1999 Century
Look for broken wires (or ones that have been chewed on by rodents) at the Park-Neutral-Park switch on top of the transmission. Mice chewed through a ground wire right at the back of the connector requiring me to splice in some wire and soldering a new Delphi terminal to fit into the connector.

ede smith

Buick Ownership
Century
I think the key was pulled out of the ignition without it being turned all the way back and their was a delay to restart if that makes any sense.

ede smith

Buick Ownership
Century
I had a 2002 Century that had issues with the dash. It was actually bad solder on the dash panel and resistors that fell off. I removed the Dash panel and resoldered them. Fixed that. As for the not starting I would first start with bad grounds.
Thanks! Finally ordered a pack of resistors so we'll see how this goes!

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!