• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2001 LeSabre won't turn over

leftoverture

Buick Ownership
LeSabre Limited
I just read thru your thread. Seems you've put a lot of time and effort into this and still don't really know what's wrong. Why don't you just have a shop diagnose it for you?

gnhbodyguy

Buick Ownership
03 Limited & 04 Custom
I see you have an 01. I would pull my back seat to have a look, but it's a bit wet out there.

Just pull out the back seat and see if the negative cable splits off the battery and has a smaller wire connection to the body somewhere under the seat...

japper

Buick Ownership
Buick
Do I need to re-program the keys afte I change the ignition switch on a 2001 Buick Le

Do I need to re-program the keys after I change the ignition switch on a 2001 Buick Le Sabre?

If so how do I do this?

thanks

jlrmo

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Japper,

My parents have a 2001 Buick LeSabre that is doing exactly what you have described, so far we have changed the starter and that did not fix the problem. In the past it would happen once and a while, however, in the last 3 weeks it has started happening once to twice a week. Did you ever get an answer to your problem? Would you be willing to share your fix? Thanks!

Dougie

Buick Ownership
Buick
I don't know if the ignition switch on a 2000 Grand Prix with a 3.8L engine is similar or not, but it was a pain in the neck on that car. I had to disable the air bag by pulling a fuse and by disconnecting a yellow wire connector under dash. Had to remove air bag and then steering wheel. Had to remove shroud around steering column with a special tool. Had to disconnect a large electrical connector under dash while looking at in about two inches from my face. Anyway, if you have to remove air bag, be careful and keep it pointed away from your face. I think I first removed negative terminal of battery before I started anything.

Homer Jay

New York
Buick Ownership
2001 LeSabre
Before changing the switch confirm the basics; have the battery load tested and also check for corrosion at the cables. Next I would check the starter.

Pedal Commander