2001 Park Ave - no crank - no start

billcamino

Buick Ownership
2001 Park Ave
I'm hoping you folks can help me out. I picked up a 2001 Park Ave (120k miles) a couple of weeks ago. I had to jump start it to get home (dead battery), and it ran great (about 40 miles). I got it home, and changed out the battery, now I have a no crank condition. If I turn the key to run, the dash lights up like it should. When I turn the key to start, all the dash lights go out (as they should), but I get no crank at all. Battery has been tested - it passed. Starter has been tested - it's good. This car does not have a chip key. I did notice that the security light stays on (solid - not flashing). I tried the re-learn procedure (10 minutes x 3), but I have have no crank at all. Any suggestions?

HotZ28

SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
Last edited:

billcamino

Buick Ownership
2001 Park Ave
All fuses and relays have been checked - I'll try the reset procedure again, and report back..

billcamino

Buick Ownership
2001 Park Ave
Tried the reset procedure several times - no difference.

HotZ28

SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
Evidently, you still have a security issue. When you first turn the ignition switch to the ON position, does the security light blink for 2-3 sec and go out, or does it remain ON?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Page 3-5 of owners manual states the car has PASS-Key III which uses a transponder in the key for both master and valet. You state no chip in key, sounds like you are using the wrong key.
Does the key have PK3 stamped on it?

billcamino

Buick Ownership
2001 Park Ave
The car drove great for a couple of weeks.. then acted up. I'm guessing the keys are correct, otherwise I would've had this issue from the beginning

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
The car drove great for a couple of weeks.. then acted up. I'm guessing the keys are correct, otherwise I would've had this issue from the beginning
You changed the battery without plugging something in to save memory.
Is the key stamped PK3?

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
All park avenues have passlock 3 and most park avenues have RKE.
Your key should be stamped PK3 at the base of hte metal of the key before hte black plastic.

Your key can be defective or the Pk3 module around the ignition tumbler could have issues. You need a scan tool to diagnose the issue.

Ive had my car attempted to be started while I was sleeping with a key I deleberetly did not program to the car and my scan tool later said an unknown key was attempted to be used. I have it cut for my doors but not to my ignition

Get your turbo buick badge right here!