2001 Regal GS Questions and concerns

Okkery

Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Regal GS
Hey everyone! I was back here a few months ago and unfortunately wasn't able to receive responses or fix the issue (trunk release doesn't work, yet the actuator works fine and the lock as well (I have to use key to get in)). If anyone has any ideas in how to fix that, or where the wires to it go in the front ( I wasn't able to find it) that would help tons!

I've also had some other questions since then. I've felt like my car has been running a tad high on idle and taking too long to accelerate, as well as unsure about when it should shift and if there are tricks to "forcing" a shift, since I don't like trying to accelerate to 45 from 0 and having both 2.5k rpm and 4 mpg the whole time, heh.

So my new questions would be:
1) What is the average idle rpm for y'all in warm temps? (around 70f)
2) what does your average mpg look like when on streets?
3) How is the transmission with shifting? Is it fast and I need to check mine, or is it a bit slower and I need patience? Are there tips to getting the car to shift (for example rpms it tries to shift at, etc)

Oh last question is a bit of a theoretical one, as I do t have the funds or time or knowledge to act on it, but is it possible to twincharge this baby and how would it be done?

Thanks for your help!

Okkery

Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Regal GS
Do you have a check engine light on?
My apologies for taking so long to respond! Nope! And the OBDII reader (iirc the letters) has nada on it either.
I've had an issue where one of the sparkplug wires disconnects and flops about. I put that on and it still feels funny. Wondering if maybe the plug is bad, even with the distributor wire properly connected.

Meanwhile trying to manage my city mpg is still a pain :c.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners