2002 Buick Century Custom SE new to me

Count67

Sanitaria Springs, NY
Buick Ownership
Buick Century Custom SE
I had to reschedule my wrenching time to tomorrow. I'm not too terribly concerned.
I hear you, we get busy during the week and I’m busy at work with designing new units at work and we just released a bunch of new units to production.

I’m sure you busy in your field as well.

I did go to the junkyard today and bought matching front rims for the century. I also took my old turkey baster and sucked out old brake fluid from the master cylinder and put in some fresh brake fluid. I’ll repeat it in the spring.

Count67

Sanitaria Springs, NY
Buick Ownership
Buick Century Custom SE
My check engine light finally went off yesterday and I scheduled my inspection for next tuesday. My car now has the new (Junkyard) rims with the snow tires on it and is driving down the road great. So great I decided to put new 6 x 9 rear speakers in last night, so now I have all four speakers working and a bluetooth replacement head unit in it. Next to fix is my exhaust flange after the converter. I knew this was going to happen when I was doing the O2 sensor. I used my breaker bar and put stress on the exhaust pipes. I ended up using my impact driver with the special socket and wish I did this in the start of the project.

Has anyone had to fix their exhaust gasket in this area? If the flange is shot, how do the split repair flanges work?

Count67

Sanitaria Springs, NY
Buick Ownership
Buick Century Custom SE
I looked under the Century yesterday and the exhaust leak is coming from the front of the car, so I wonder if we have a flex pipe in these cars. This got worse from driving down a rough section of highway on Saturday. I am going to drop it off for the inspection and have them check it out and possibly fix it tomorrow.

Count67

Sanitaria Springs, NY
Buick Ownership
Buick Century Custom SE
I looked under the Century yesterday and the exhaust leak is coming from the front of the car, so I wonder if we have a flex pipe in these cars. This got worse from driving down a rough section of highway on Saturday. I am going to drop it off for the inspection and have them check it out and possibly fix it tomorrow.
My Century has passed inspection and my exhaust leak was around the front of the converter. They put in a tube and welded it in. It's back to being quiet once again for the price of $50 and I'm glad I went to this garage. Time to drive this and keep the miles off my Silverado and Equinox.

Count67

Sanitaria Springs, NY
Buick Ownership
Buick Century Custom SE
I have been driving the Buick and now have 114,880 miles on it. I finally looked at my spark plugs and they are the original plug. The first two plugs came out hard and I had to work them in and out with oil to help, after that the rest came out smooth as they should. I ended up putting in NGK V Power spark plugs, because I got them for free on FB marketplace yesterday.

My spark plugs looked good and my engine must be in good health.

I also replaced the Blower motor resistor that is common to fail in GM vehicles of this year and now all my fan speeds work.

It was in the 60's and sunny in upstate NY today!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!