• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2003 Lasabre Radio

buickrun23

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hey guys. Just wondering if my radio will have anti-theft activated if I disconnect my neg. And if so, how to get the code for it to become accessible again? Thanks anything helps. I don't want to pay the extra $50 for the dealership.

CorvairGeek

3.8L Member
The Gem State
Buick Ownership
1996, 92 Buick Century
Those are the older radios that do that. These check the VIN against the Dash Interface Module and Instrument Panel Integration Module. You will not have an issue.

Lubener

N.Ohio
Buick Ownership
"WAS" 97 Lesabre
I thought that would only happen if the anti theft feature was previously activated by someone. I could be wrong.

CorvairGeek

3.8L Member
The Gem State
Buick Ownership
1996, 92 Buick Century
I thought that would only happen if the anti theft feature was previously activated by someone. I could be wrong.
You are correct, if it looks similar to the top radio (below). As the OP has a 2003, I believe the only radio offered looks similar to the middle radio, which is strictly serial communication matching the VIN.

Radio Stack.jpg

buickrun23

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Ok so what numbers would be entered from the VIN? The whole thing? and yes looks like the middle one

CorvairGeek

3.8L Member
The Gem State
Buick Ownership
1996, 92 Buick Century
You don't have to enter anything. This later Theftlock system is completely transparent to the user/owner. The VIN is already programmed into the radio. In the event you put that radio in another LeSabre, it would lock and turn the red LED on solid as soon at the ignition is turned to ON. The same is true if you took a used DIM or IPM and put them in your car. It takes a GM Tech 2 (or the newer one) to match them if anything is replaced.