2003 LeSabre Wiper Problems

Halbert

Buick Ownership
2003 LeSabre
Hello;

About a year ago, my 2003 Buick LeSabre's wiper motor died. I had it replaced, and it died again in about a month. Assuming the first motor was defective, my garage replaced it again. Fast forward: the FIFTH motor died after 3 weeks. I'm assuming that it's unlikely that all five motors were defective. And I'm tempted to believe that the column switch is defective. BUT--if that's the case, why did each motor work for a period of time, then die? It would seem to me that if it was the switch, no replacement motor would work at all. Can anyone give me some advice on this? This is a great car, but it's worthless if I never know when the wipers are going to fail. Thank you.

MelsRegal

Staff member
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Is the shop always using the same supplier for the motor?
Are the motors new or rebuilt?

Halbert

Buick Ownership
2003 LeSabre
Is the shop always using the same supplier for the motor?
Are the motors new or rebuilt?

Thanks for the response. The first 3 were rebuilt and from the same supplier. Number 4 was new from the same supplier. Number 5 was new and from a different supplier.

Halbert

Buick Ownership
2003 LeSabre
Thanks for the reply. 3 were rebuilt and from the same supplier. The Fourth was new from the same supplier. The fifth was new from a new supplier.

MelsRegal

Staff member
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Seems like you are not the only person with this issue

Halbert

Buick Ownership
2003 LeSabre
It's maddening. Even the "experts" are scratching their heads. Hopefully, someone here will have come up with a solution. I've even asked my mechanic if he would hot wire them with a switch inside the car. Answer----"can't hot wire them." It would be a shame to have to part with this great car for such a silly problem.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!