• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2003 rendezvous passenger HVAC blend door location

hennit_seebo

Buick Ownership
Rendezvous and a LeSabre
I've come to the realization that my rendezvous blend door actuator is not working properly. I am getting toasty warm air from the drivers side,but on the passengers side I am getting cold air. This seems to be a common problem with rendezvous. Does anyone where this little devil is and the procedure for getting to this blend door? Do I have to pull the whole dash or can I accesses it from the glove box, or floor boards. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

hennit_seebo

Buick Ownership
Rendezvous and a LeSabre
I removed the bottom black shroud on the floor and I can see the blend door actuator but now I can't really get the glove box off. I removed all the visible screws and it still seems helded in by something. I just don't want to break it because it seems like very fragile plastic. Anyone have any tips on getting the glove box out?

hennit_seebo

Buick Ownership
Rendezvous and a LeSabre
Just for everyone elses information in case they have the same problem as me. I removed the glove box by removing the screws in the glove box and the 5 or 6 metal retaining clips. It popped right out and I could see the blend door on the left side. It turned out that the electric actuator was ok and worked fine. The plastic arm popped off the door arm. I have no idea how this happened but there seemed to be a lot of tension from the spring. So I reattached the arm and took off the spring and it seems to be working just fine now!

Golferdude

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have the same problem...toasty warm on the left two vents and nice and cold on the right two vents. After I get the glove box out it will be evident what I am looking at. I was having a problem during the winter when I turn the temp to hot it would shut the air flow off to the vents... It was suggested to take the arm off connected to the actuator I believe. Now that it is hot I need to get cold air to all vents...so I will look this weekend and see if I can tell what you are describing.. Is the spring in sight or behind the plastic?

DevilDog911

Buick Ownership
2002 buick rendezous
I have a 2002 brick rendezvous. Looking for help coding new key after I replaced the ignition.

Turbo Buick Badge