2004 buick lasabre limited

markcar

Buick Ownership
2004 lasabre limited
I have a 2004 buick lasabre limited. The temperature gauge in the instrument cluster is always to the extreme right past HOT. Key in or Key out, its always in that position and does not move or waiver at all. Any clues or suggestions on anything to check?

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra, 2003 LeSabre Limited; Previous: 2003 LeSabre Custom; 1998 Park Avenue
Sounds like maybe your thermostat sensor went bad and allowed the needle to climb all the way to Hot, and now it is mechanically stuck.

You might check some of the threads here on how to service your gauge cluster, and open up the plexi covering to see if the needle will move freely.

markcar

Buick Ownership
2004 lasabre limited
Gotcha. I was thinking something about the sensor either shorted or open. Something of that nature. I’ll have a look at that. Thanks

Thunderhawk09

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick LeSabre Custom
key in key out always in the same position you have a bad stepper motor in the cluster had 3 bad in mine when I got the car and for less than 20 bucks if you can solder you can replace all four at one time they are bad to go bad in these cars what does the info screen tell you temp is if it's working then the stepper motor is your issue

Get your turbo buick badge right here!