• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2004 Buick LeSabre Brake line options

mikerader

Buick Ownership
Buick
Hello,

I need new brakes lines to pass inspection. I did this once before years ago. What are my best options to replace brake lines today?

1) Do they sell brake line kits or is each line bought separately?
2) What tools will I need, I know I need a bending tool and something to flare the ends.
3) Do they sell pre-formed complete brake line kits for the 2004 Buick LeSabre

Thank you,

mikerader

Buick Ownership
Buick
I am watching a couple of videos. Will the rear lines be easier to do in 2 or 3 sections or can they be done in one piece on the Lesabre?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Not sure on the question, but here's the diagram on the system. Any tubing can be split and joined, but best to do a full line when possible to avoid any possible leaking.
981218GM04-022.png

mikerader

Buick Ownership
Buick
Does anyone know if it has Double flares or ISO Bubble flares? And what kind of fittings does it have?

RJF

Buick Ownership
2001 LeSabre Custom
You've probably already finished this, but I'll reply for the sake of completeness.

I believe that your 2004 has the same lines as my 2001 (according to RockAuto, anyway). I have the GM lines from the master cylinder to the ABS modulator valve, and they have ISO/DIN bubble flares on each end. I don't have the hard lines from the modulator valve to the wheel positions, but the hoses at each of the four calipers receive bubble-flared lines. I doubt that the modulator mixes types, so I would say the lines are bubble flares all around.

Sorry, I didn't take the time to actually measure the fittings. According to some of the part write-ups on RockAuto, the hoses are M10-1, and the master cylinder lines are M12 on one end, M14 on the other.

IMG_1095.JPGIMG_1110.JPGIMG_1099.JPG

Last edited:
Pedal Commander