2004 Buick Park Avenue Interior Swap?

DonovanG03

Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue 2004
Hello! Just joined the forums so hope this is okay. I searched for a tiny bit and didn't see my exact question... so here it goes.

I just bought a 2004 park avenue and I want to swap the carpet and headliner out. I found a black carpet on ebay and it looks just like mine in the 04. Only difference is that it's one entire piece it looks like. It's for a 95-98 or something. They look identical otherwise.
I'm trying to restore this back to mint condition so if anyone knows of any parts I can swap over or that are interchangeable that would be much appreciated.

I know these cars didn't change much, but I want to be super sure before I drop serious cash. I bought the base model, but I'll be dropping the supercharged engine in it.

Also, does the base model run the low compression pistons like that ultra? Wondering if I can just throw a turbo or supercharger on it. I have everything already for aftermarket pcm and such.
I heard transmission can hold like 300ft lbs Factory. Going to build the one on the the supercharged engine though. I know it has a better transaxle.

My park avenue I bought was 200$ and in phenomenal condition. Just was sitting and getting dirty. Gave it 3 baths and pulled the entire interior for a deep cleaning. Already shampoo and condition the leather seats. =D
165k miles. Transmission shifts like newish. Think it just needs a flush and filter. Pretty damn smooth otherwise.

Mad_Coachman

Baldwin, New York
Buick Ownership
2002 LeSabre Limited
On the tranny just do a pan drop with filter. NO FLUSH. At 165k miles I would just clean it up and drive it. If you want a supercharger buy an Ultra. The tranny on your base model would need more mods than it's worth.

DonovanG03

Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue 2004
I am doing a pan drop with a filter. I also am buying a ultra so I can take the tranny and motor and supercharger. The car is in bad shape so I just want the motor and tranny. I'm planning on building the engine and transmission before I do the swap.
I was just hoping I can push maybe 5 psi with a intercooler on the base model engine. I need some kind of power out of it. 🤣

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
I am doing a pan drop with a filter. I also am buying a ultra so I can take the tranny and motor and supercharger. The car is in bad shape so I just want the motor and tranny. I'm planning on building the engine and transmission before I do the swap.
I was just hoping I can push maybe 5 psi with a intercooler on the base model engine. I need some kind of power out of it. 🤣
L67 has a lot of difference components than the L36 you have. The engines share a block and crank (? I think)and some externals like brackets etc but profoundly different internals because lower compression(to acomodate boost) and all internals otherwise are strengthened. YOu can buy a L36 kit from ZZP but you would be easier buying a l67 aand just new components where needed. but it can be done

if you want to join the land of fun you may want an 05 ultra supercharged l67. has a gen 5 blower instead of the eaton m90 (gen 3)
moves more fun-stuff with less stupid heat energy.

DonovanG03

Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue 2004
L67 has a lot of difference components than the L36 you have. The engines share a block and crank (? I think)and some externals like brackets etc but profoundly different internals because lower compression(to acomodate boost) and all internals otherwise are strengthened. YOu can buy a L36 kit from ZZP but you would be easier buying a l67 aand just new components where needed. but it can be done

if you want to join the land of fun you may want an 05 ultra supercharged l67. has a gen 5 blower instead of the eaton m90 (gen 3)
moves more fun-stuff with less stupid heat energy.
Okay sounds fine. When I buy the ultra, I'm pulling the motor. I've had my eyes on it for awhile. The whole engine needs rebuilt and the car is completely trashed. I was just going to pull the motor, rebuild, and put it in my near mint base model. The park avenue ultra I'm pulling it from is a "1997". I thought they started supercharging in 98 but not sure. I've already checked it out and the supercharger also needs rebuilt.

These are my plans. I'm hoping because they're similar if not same blocks it would drop into my near mint 04. If not, I'll weld new mounts 🤷‍♂️

I plan on just running that pos supercharger through a intercooler hoping it will help it.

Here's a little pic from the seller. Interior is in really rough shape and air ride suspension is broken leaking. Makes some nasty noises on start up and idle. I just want it though for tranny, supercharger,and motor. I will preform a full rebuild.
Screenshot_20210416_190753_com.offerup.jpg

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
supercharging started in... 92? L67 is the engine family name,. to put in your 2004 youre going to need the brackets on the engine/oilpan/the oil pan itself and some new engine mounts.
A 97 has a dinosaur era style mounting while the 2004 is going to be nice. youll have an aluminum pan that is also a structural member of the car. youre also going to need to change the in front of engine(front of car) mount and bracket of 2004, the driver side wheel well mount and bracket, and the rear, next to steering rack, SHOULD be the same, but i would verify. The only issue in using the same style and brackets as your 2004 I could maybe see would be the serpentine side one IF the supercharger belts somehow interfere with its design. BUt a 2000-2005 park aveue in junk yard would be a easy way to get the right ne. But it should be the same.

you may want the 4t-65e HD from your 2004 instead of the... im not sure if 97 had the 4t-65 HD but the trans went under some changes in the next few years and got better for reliability sake. @Drakito would know more, he built a park avenue to some speedy bits. he would probably recommend a trans cooler no matter what.
Do you plan on keeping AC? If so, it wouldnt be hard to build nice bracketry in front of the condensor but if you want to intercool aswell, you may have to decide where you want things. If you remove the condensor, id recommend PS cooler, trans cooler, and intercooler to take up most of the original space of the condensor as to assist air to flow INTO the rad rather than around. you could accomplish this with filler pieces in the open parts. the cars cooling system is designed to have a seal between rad and condensor so the fans and air push through it

DonovanG03

Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue 2004
supercharging started in... 92? L67 is the engine family name,. to put in your 2004 youre going to need the brackets on the engine/oilpan/the oil pan itself and some new engine mounts.
A 97 has a dinosaur era style mounting while the 2004 is going to be nice. youll have an aluminum pan that is also a structural member of the car. youre also going to need to change the in front of engine(front of car) mount and bracket of 2004, the driver side wheel well mount and bracket, and the rear, next to steering rack, SHOULD be the same, but i would verify. The only issue in using the same style and brackets as your 2004 I could maybe see would be the serpentine side one IF the supercharger belts somehow interfere with its design. BUt a 2000-2005 park aveue in junk yard would be a easy way to get the right ne. But it should be the same.

you may want the 4t-65e HD from your 2004 instead of the... im not sure if 97 had the 4t-65 HD but the trans went under some changes in the next few years and got better for reliability sake. @Drakito would know more, he built a park avenue to some speedy bits. he would probably recommend a trans cooler no matter what.
Do you plan on keeping AC? If so, it wouldnt be hard to build nice bracketry in front of the condensor but if you want to intercool aswell, you may have to decide where you want things. If you remove the condensor, id recommend PS cooler, trans cooler, and intercooler to take up most of the original space of the condensor as to assist air to flow INTO the rad rather than around. you could accomplish this with filler pieces in the open parts. the cars cooling system is designed to have a seal between rad and condensor so the fans and air push through it
Wow that's some insane knowledge. Thanks a ton. You just saved me a lot of time. I figured I'd have to weld new mounts but wow. Didn't know that about the trans as well. I plan to daily this so reliability is definitely something I need. Yes I need A/C. I live in florida so that's a must. Definitely installing a trans cooler. I guess I should figure out where I want everything to go first before doing the swap.…

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
Wow that's some insane knowledge. Thanks a ton. You just saved me a lot of time. I figured I'd have to weld new mounts but wow. Didn't know that about the trans as well. I plan to daily this so reliability is definitely something I need. Yes I need A/C. I live in florida so that's a must. Definitely installing a trans cooler. I guess I should figure out where I want everything to go first before doing the swap.…
no problem. i made the insanely self-haunting decision of reading and watching published material from GM about park avenues as well as owning one thath as needed its fair share of fixes. this is only haunting because I am the mind/personality type that absorbs information but it doesnt tend to leave...

Chuck McLennan's voice is etcehd into my brain
1618630503446.png

but yes, you would need to do welding IF You had wanted to put a 04 into a 99 or earlier. could you do something for me? if you get the 2004 could you send a picture of the "frame rail" of the unibody? its the strengthened front-back run of the body to the side of the engine(both sides).
on the driver side, the airbox and washer fluid tank and coolant tank sit on it or above it. the abs module hangs on the side of it/down low

on the passenger, the battery sits on the side but on its plane and the fuse panel stuff is the same way just follows the hump of the strut tower.

I have two photos close to what i mean, this first photo is actually ON the passenger frame rail i speak of, its towards the firewall a bit and features a ground connection thats normally hidden because of a wiring harness. this is further back than i wanted to see, but its close. a full frame picture would likely show this spot

this next pic shows my engine/side but you notice the blue protrusion to the left? Thats my engine mount that your 97 also has, where that mount sits is the frame section id like to see on the 2004
Snapchat-822008265.jpg
Infact, just as a visual aid think of (infront of the water pump) as what I am looking to see

image0.jpg

I have deleted AC in this car because it isnt for sure going to survive into next summer let alone be used for much this summer, so I decided to make servicing what is still needed on the car easier on myself. a 97 probably looks like this:
Snapchat-250104035.png

DonovanG03

Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue 2004
Yes of course. I got no problem in doing that. I need to get plugs, waterpump and such so I'm waiting on that and the weather to stop raining. We're getting that for the rest of the week so I'll see when I can get out there.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!