2004 Buick rendezvous power window not working?

ronbest9454

Buick Newbie
The drivers side rear window will not work.it was part way down and would not go back up. removed the panel and have 12 volts to the motor plug when you operate the switch on the rear door, but do not get any voltage when you operate from the drivers main switch for that window. Actually when you push the lower function from the drivers control the dome lights dim. (All the other windows operate fine) Only in the lowering not in the up position or the left rear window. I tried a new motor but no luck. I was running some test to trace where I have voltage at the switch (drivers main switch) and after trying to that window several times I noticed the lights dimming when I would push on the switch. I operated the swich 4 to 6 times and looked back and got a puff of smoke from the inteior dome light above the rear drivers door. Smelled like a electric short. When this happened I had the motor out and disconnected so the motor did not cause the draw on the wiring.
Please any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Ron
Let me know if you ened any additional information
Also I checked at the main drivers switch and get 12+ volts on the ppl wire (down wire) going to the rear drivers side window. when I checked the dark green wire (up wire) it dims the interior lights and I only get approximately 8 volts.I checked the wires going to the rightside rear and get 12+ volts on those also.

rlchv70

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I know this is a little old, but maybe it will help someone in the future. I had the exact same problem. I found a chaffed wire at the door jamb for the LR door.

2tallcurtis

Buick Newbie
Texas
Buick Ownership
93 Lesabre and 04 RDV
I am experiencing the same problem, started with the Window not working, motor was fine, then just last week the door lock no longer responds to the switch have to unlock/lock it at the door to open.

Update on fix would be appreciated.

The drivers side rear window will not work.it was part way down and would not go back up. removed the panel and have 12 volts to the motor plug when you operate the switch on the rear door, but do not get any voltage when you operate from the drivers main switch for that window. Actually when you push the lower function from the drivers control the dome lights dim. (All the other windows operate fine) Only in the lowering not in the up position or the left rear window. I tried a new motor but no luck. I was running some test to trace where I have voltage at the switch (drivers main switch) and after trying to that window several times I noticed the lights dimming when I would push on the switch. I operated the swich 4 to 6 times and looked back and got a puff of smoke from the inteior dome light above the rear drivers door. Smelled like a electric short. When this happened I had the motor out and disconnected so the motor did not cause the draw on the wiring.
Please any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Ron
Let me know if you ened any additional information
Also I checked at the main drivers switch and get 12+ volts on the ppl wire (down wire) going to the rear drivers side window. when I checked the dark green wire (up wire) it dims the interior lights and I only get approximately 8 volts.I checked the wires going to the rightside rear and get 12+ volts on those also.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

koiviss

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick Rendezvous 2005 AWD
wireing harness in the piller had to be replace.

2tallcurtis

Buick Newbie
Texas
Buick Ownership
93 Lesabre and 04 RDV
Harness? Is that separate from the main harness? Where does the harness terminate or begin, Pillar? Which Pillar? Do you have to take apart more of the interior to access this pillar or is inside the door?

Haymaker

Buick Ownership
2007 Rendezvous
More than likely it is the harness between the pillar and the door, start there first. I owned 4 Rendezvous so far and 3 7CEE7025-ABBD-472E-89CF-AE7F2ED7EF1E.jpeg 7CEE7025-ABBD-472E-89CF-AE7F2ED7EF1E.jpeg of them had this same problem.

sharonboerio

Buick Ownership
Rendevouz
Im having same issue with my drivers side rear window. Have the part for the window regulator and motor assembly. I Don t know what else to try...

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners