• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2004 problem

Khaos

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
2004 Buick Rendezvous..First off the problems
1. Anti lock brake light
2. all-wheel disable light
3. looses power under a load

What I know...
Wheel bearings in the back need replacing

Trying to figure out why its looses power under a load try to drive it and engine just cuts off then I lift foot off pedal reapply and it goes then looses power. I have changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, wires, coil packs, mystery oil.

My question is there anyway that the bad back hubs are causing the vehicle to cut out for some safety feature? They are not starting to go out it sounds like a rocket taking off.

lrj975

Westfield NJ
Buick Ownership
02 Rendezvous CXL 1-owner
no, there are 2 separate issues there, engine and rear hub.
a bad rear hub does not affect engine performance, there's no safety feature, no limp mode kicks in, nothing like that

a good OBDII reader will read the extended chassis codes that gets set and indicate which wheel is causing abs/awd problem. so if your code reader says no codes not true get a better reader. replacing the hub may or may not fix that.

no power under load can be lots of things, again start by pulling obdii codes

Khaos

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Follow up............
The problem was the rear hub assembly...it put the vehicle in limp mode. I changed both rear hub assembly and it was a instant fix. all lights and problems went away, no longer cuts out when I get to certain RPM.

lrj975

Westfield NJ
Buick Ownership
02 Rendezvous CXL 1-owner
wellll there's still no pre-designed limp mode triggered by PCM there directly from bad wheel hubs, more like the engine just doesn't run right when engine power is being robbed by some component and the engine lacks horsepower to overcome those unusual operating conditions and the PCM goes nuts trying to sort out conflicting/ extreme/ illogical sensor data. The engine isn't intentionally running like garbage, it happens, like when driving with a flat tire or with the parking brake on, or towing beyond capacity while going uphill or whatever other abuse etc etc. If that's limp mode then ok.

indeed, new rear wheel bearings could fix ABS/AWD if the bad speed sensor was the cause, and engine will run better again if bad bearings were causing such a drag on the car rolling down the street and now rolls smooth, all good

need the obdii codes to know what engine/awd was doing at the time.

G-614068

My 2004 rendezvous dI'd the same thing one abs plug the pin pushed out turned on all lights and run like garbage fixed plug in and it all went away !

Turbo Buick Badge