2005 Buick LeSabre Limited - High Speed Shake or Vibration >65 MPH

Thread starter #1

R111S

Buick Newbie
Central Illinois
Buick Ownership
2005 Buick LeSabre Limited
26NOV2018 - @117,462 miles I had the following work performed on my 2005 Buick LeSabre Custom:

1. Four Wheel Alignment.
2. Set proper Tire Air Pressure (30 PSI).
3. Premium Tire Balance including "Road Force".

After reading comments from several on this Forum regarding strong vibration at speeds >65 MPH for 2000-2005 LeSabre, I looked into GM Tis2Web and noted Service Bulletin 00-03-10-007G for High Speed Shake or Vibration. This bulletin said performing the above three items should remedy the situation...it did the trick! Happy to report the heavy, cyclic vibration at speeds >65 MPH is now gone.

Forty miles earlier, I had replaced the left/front Engine/Trans Mount (GM P/N: Part Number: 25731375 (25731375; 25694601) MOUNT, TRANS (FRT)). I bought it from Advanced Auto Part (P/N: Anchor 2897) for $68.34. Several Members on the Buick Forum said this Mount is notorious for causing vibrations in the cabin/steering wheel but it didn't fix this particular issue in my case.

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Good update and details. On the mounts were the original ones broken, I ask as on other vehicles broken mounts will cause vibration.

fullmonte44

Buick Ownership
Buick
What is Road Force? Good that you fixed it, anyway.
Last month my son's '05 Century with nearly 300K miles (and no previous front end or suspension work ever) developed a mild vibration and shimmy that over several days made it almost un-driveable. I thought sure it would be inner/outer tie rods or a wheel bearing, maybe worn or broken struts. Raised the front on jack stands and there just wasn't any looseness or play on either side. I noticed a scuffed area on the driver's tire, even a couple of wires sticking out, so I put it in drive so the tires would spin, and lo, there was a barely noticeable bulge right where the scuff mark was. You wouldn't see it without the tire spinning free off the ground. I switched that tire with the left rear, just to check that was the problem- and the vibration went away. A week later my son changed all four tires.
I'm getting too old to fix the little Japanese imports I used to swear by. This buick made a believer out of me. Now I own my own '91 Regal, fixing it.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Years ago a good friends bought a 2008 BMW 535i and in the winter at speeds over 35 mph the car would shake, and the faster you drove the more violent it got.

It was due to a little bit of ice on the rims would cause them to be unbalanced.

That 535i was the biggest money pit I've ever seen. In 1 year he spend over 7 grand on fixing things that are extremely uncommon to break on other cars.

Thread starter #6

R111S

Buick Newbie
Central Illinois
Buick Ownership
2005 Buick LeSabre Limited
What is Road Force? Good that you fixed it, anyway.
Last month my son's '05 Century with nearly 300K miles (and no previous front end or suspension work ever) developed a mild vibration and shimmy that over several days made it almost un-driveable. I thought sure it would be inner/outer tie rods or a wheel bearing, maybe worn or broken struts. Raised the front on jack stands and there just wasn't any looseness or play on either side. I noticed a scuffed area on the driver's tire, even a couple of wires sticking out, so I put it in drive so the tires would spin, and lo, there was a barely noticeable bulge right where the scuff mark was. You wouldn't see it without the tire spinning free off the ground. I switched that tire with the left rear, just to check that was the problem- and the vibration went away. A week later my son changed all four tires.
I'm getting too old to fix the little Japanese imports I used to swear by. This buick made a believer out of me. Now I own my own '91 Regal, fixing it.
Roadforce is a kind of Balance Machine. Not really sure how it's different but from what I gather it's the best.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.