2005 Buick Lesabre misfire when the throttle is pushed hard

rickyjude31

Buick Ownership
2005 buick Lesabre custom
I noticed today that I was traveling around 60mph, I slowed for a curve and push the throttle when coming out and it felt like a misfire, almost like with an o2 sensor but if I let off the gas and then push it back down slowly it is ok. At least for now. Any ideas?

G-84485

Could be igntion related. Is maintenance up to date, specifically plugs and wires?
Not plugs and wires, just had an oil change at valvoline the day before. I had surgery a month ago so I can't get under there just yet. I will give them a check up tomorrow though. Thanks. God Bless

rickyjude31

Buick Ownership
I haven't tried plugs and wires yet. That makes sense. I will try giving them a look
I thought plugs and wires but I have heard it could be fuel pump, etc. Plugs and wires I can do, fuel pump, not so much. Is there a way to say for sure?

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
I thought plugs and wires but I have heard it could be fuel pump, etc. Plugs and wires I can do, fuel pump, not so much. Is there a way to say for sure?
A capable scanner that can detect misfire counts on each cylinder may be your best friend.

rickyjude31

Buick Ownership
Is it common to have this issue to begin in higher mph situations, where there is has to be a moment of letting off the gas and then pushing again, praying it doesn't jerk, to doing this around town where you never get above 40mph? Also my check engine light is not on, should I be concerned about more than plugs and wires?

G-972578

It may be fuel starvation. How old is your fuel filter? I'm not sure if the OBD catches low fuel pressure and trips a code or not.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!