• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2005 LaCrosse Blowing Smoke After Replacing Blower Motor Control Processor Fuse (30A BATT MAIN 4 fuse)

brianp11111

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick LaCrosse
The air stopped working on my 05 lacrosse and I saw the 30A BATT MAIN 4 j-case fuse was bad. I replaced the fuse and the car immediately started blowing electrical smelling smoke out of the vents and the fuse blew again.

What would be the next thing to diagnose from here? Is it possible that just did more damage to my car?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
You are sure the original fuse was 30 amps?
Cannt image that the original fuse would be blown and the only problem was "the air not working"?
If it is I would suspect a bad motor but you will have to determine that.

brianp11111

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick LaCrosse
Hi MelsRegal,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I pulled the old one out and brought it to NAPA for them to match it. It's one of those j-case/j-style fuses (pink) and said 30 on the top casing. I've never had to replace one of these types of fuses so trust they matched it. The one I pulled out was definitely blown (I could see it was burned out and disconnected). I'm not sure what else this fuse goes to so not sure what else to check in terms of the only problem being the air not working.

Would a bad blower motor blow the smoke like that and then blow the fuse again? Would that have damaged anything else?

Thanks,
Brian

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Here's a link on the forum with a free Chilton manual, use the newer listing.
It's has wiring diagrams which may help in tracing down the circuit if necessary if it's beyond the blower motor.

Free Chilton Online Repair Manual

Pedal Commander