2005 LeSabre radio stays on after driver's door opens

Rodger

New Jersey
2005 Lesabre, 2017 LaCrosse
After removing the ignition key, the radio should normally stay on via RAP (retained accessory power) for about 10 minutes or until the driver's door is opened.
A few days ago, the radio now stays on after opening the driver's door, and stays on after closing it. Even after locking and unlocking the car with the remote.
The radio still stays on after opening and closing the left rear door.
However, the radio will shut off if either the passenger door or the right rear door is opened.

After the car is locked, unlocking the driver's door with a key and opening it will not turn on the courtesy lights.
If the ignition is on, opening the driver's door will correctly start a warning chime, and the "Door Ajar" dash light comes on.
If the key is left in the ignition switch with the ignition off, there is no warning chime.

So, it seems that the door open sensor in the driver's door is working for some functions, but not for the radio.
Based on all of these clues, does anyone have some suggestions for more tests or a diagnosis on the problem?

I would love to hear some theories before I try to replace something really expensive, like the drivers door latch.

Rodger

New Jersey
2005 Lesabre, 2017 LaCrosse
Hi CXL,
Thanks very much for pointing me to that post, because it describes exactly the same symptoms as mine.
Unfortunately, the thread ended two years ago with no final diagnosis or resolution.
I will try to reply to see if I can learn more.

Turbo Buick Badge