• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2005 Park Ave Key Fob

Toddms

Buick Ownership
2005 Park Avenue; Previous: 1999 Lesabre, 1985 Lesabre Collectors Edition Coupe, 1983 Park Avenue
Is there any info out there about the correct part number for replacement key fobs and how to program?

Toddms

Buick Ownership
2005 Park Avenue; Previous: 1999 Lesabre, 1985 Lesabre Collectors Edition Coupe, 1983 Park Avenue
I just figured this out so I will answer my own question to possibly help someone in the future. I bought this replacement fob from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KTJ807W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It replaces the original fob from my 2005 Park Avenue which I lost the part number for. Using an Autel AP200 bluetooth OBD2 scanner, go into the Immobilizer Service option, and it gives the option to reprogram fobs. Start the process, hold down the lock and unlock buttons together, and it is done in 15-30 seconds.
The local Buick dealer was going to charge "$75-$100" to program the fob and had no guarantee it would work. So the scan tool paid for itself and now I have a scan tool :). Unfortunatley not every OBD2 scanner will let you do fob programming. You need to look for one that does for this to work

Last edited:

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra, 2003 LeSabre Limited; Previous: 2003 LeSabre Custom; 1998 Park Avenue
There is nothing in the scanner listing that promises access to the immobilizer function. I’ve tried three different bluetooth and wifi scanners, and they are only as good as the program on your phone.

What app are you using with this scanner?

Toddms

Buick Ownership
There is nothing in the scanner listing that promises access to the immobilizer function. I’ve tried three different bluetooth and wifi scanners, and they are only as good as the program on your phone.

What app are you using with this scanner?
THe app is MaxiAP200, it is in the google playstore. I think however that it will only work with an Autel unit, because when you first open the app it has you pair the device by scanning a bar code on the side of the device. When you buy the scanner device it will work for any car using the basic OBD2 functions only. Using the app, you can download one manufacturer's software in order to access the more advanced functions. You get one free download with purchase of the plug in unit, then can purchase additional manufacturer's for $15. It is not as powerful as a Tech 2 as far as commanding devices in the car, etc. But there are quite a few functions that can come in handy for the odd jobs like the IMMO function, Steering wheel angle calibration, running OBD2 self tests, TPMS learn, and setting the oil life to any value you want. It records misfire history which helped me immediately find the correct plug wire that had arced thru. I have not used it yet but the snapshot function can be really useful also

Toddms

Buick Ownership
Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
I have an autel mk808 and a tech2, but they are correct that certain devices will work like those bluetooth ones. If it works for other 2nd gen PA, then it should work for any of the 2nd gen PAU.(They were all passkey III, same fob to my understanding)

PA2013

The Midwest
Buick Ownership
1998 Park Ave
For the Park Avenue, you can train new keys and fobs without a scan tool. For keyfobs, all you need is a paperclip.

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra, 2003 LeSabre Limited; Previous: 2003 LeSabre Custom; 1998 Park Avenue
For the Park Avenue, you can train new keys and fobs without a scan tool. For keyfobs, all you need is a paperclip.
That is true for PA’s through 2002. Beginning in 2003, the CAN Bus was changed.

Thanks for the link. I will check it out more closely.

Toddms

Buick Ownership
That works for older cars, I couldn't get it to work on the 2005...

Turbo Buick Badge