2006 Buick Lucerne CXS RKE not working after alternator failed

kojimep

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thread starter #1
Have a 2006 Lucerne CXS with the 4.6. Had the alternator fail while driving, which created an internal dead-short inside the alternator. After replacing the alternator I found that the keyless entry/remote start/truck release no longer work with the key fobs, and I am unable to re-program any key fobs, if I go through the DIC to "PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" it just flashes a blank screen for a second and then display "PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" again. I have tried pulling every fuse I can think of, but nothing seems to work. I have talked with my uncle at a GM dealer and he said the techs don't have any idea what it could be without looking at it. At this point I am assuming it is the BCM? Which would need to be programmed at the dealer? Any one else have any ideas what it could be?

polarzak

Buick Ownership
Ex-Lucerne Owner, Now loving my Chrysler 300.
People here might not have any idea without looking at it also. LOL. Could be a BCM problem. Try disconnecting the battery, for at least a half hour (couple of hours to be sure) to discharge the capacitors, and reset the BCM to factors default. I seem to recall my 06 had an issue with the door locks once and this little trick corrected the problem. May work for you too...may not.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.