2006 Lacrosse: radio only works when engine is off

ChrisAllen

2006 Lacrosse
I'm trying to install a Sony DSX-A415BT in my car. The radio works fine if the car is off or on acc, but as soon as the engine is started the radio won't make sound. The lights and everything still work, it's just the sound cuts out. Any ideas?

ChrisAllen

2006 Lacrosse
I'm using a harness. I followed the instructions included with the radio.
The radios instructions said that if my vehicle doesn't have an accessory wire, to just plug it into the constant. That is what I did

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Not knowing the unit or installation instructions it doesn't sound correct as you would need a constant for the stereo memory and a another wire for power. Usually on the installation instructions it will tell what each wire does and at times it doesn't always match the interface harness color wire. Can't say that's the problem but it's a option to look at.

ChrisAllen

2006 Lacrosse
Not knowing the unit or installation instructions it doesn't sound correct as you would need a constant for the stereo memory and a another wire for power. Usually on the installation instructions it will tell what each wire does and at times it doesn't always match the interface harness color wire. Can't say that's the problem but it's a option to look at.
I had the memory wire plugged into the constant, and the power wire attached to it with a jumper wire.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Ok I am pretty sure, sorry I'm not a all knowing on all stereos, it may be the vehicle radio harness does not provide a switched power source and it will need a switched source from the fuse box for the power only.

+12v Constant = Orange
+12v Acc. Switch = N/A
-12v Chassis Ground= Black/White
+12v Illumination = N/A
+12v Dimmer = N/A
Antenna/Amp Remote =Purple
LF+ = Tan
LF- = Gray
RF+ = Lt. Green
RF- = Drk. Green
LR+ = Brown
LR- = Yellow