• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2006 Lucerne A/C problems

slimpickens

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucern
Passenger side air conditioner vents blowing warm air. Drivers side and rear vents are cold. No matter the temp settings, it will not change the air temp on passenger side. On drivers side, it is working fine. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

slimpickens

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucern
MelsRegal, thanks for the response. Do you have a link that shows how to replace. Can't find one for the 2006 buick lucerne specific. And by the way, I do not hear the clicking sound from broken plastic that some have mentioned online.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Here's a diagram on the system.
1009214H09-041.png

Here's a link for a free online Chilton manual
Free Chilton Online Repair Manual

Check the addtional forum posts in Lucerne as it's been covered by others.

slimpickens

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucern
Do you think my problem would be the actuator behind the glove box, after reading the symptoms I've described?
Thanks 2007 Lucerne CXL. I looked but can't find exactly my issues. Maybe my 74 year old brain is slow?

slimpickens

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucern
Thanks again. I'm going to start with replacing the part behind the glove box on the passengers side

Ropchips

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne CXS
A couple of weeks ago my son said his 2006 CXS wasn't cooling so I hooked up my gauges and it had nothing in the system. So I hook up the vacuum pump for about 30 minutes and it held the negative pressure for another 30 minutes indicating no leaks. I was baffled. I went ahead and recharged with two 12 oz. cans of refrigerant and it was cooling perfectly.
The next day my son tells me it's blowing warm on the passenger side. After having the refrigerant recovered....I charge with two cans again and it cooled properly again.
For only one day again.
Then found the leak was not in the engine compartment but from the drain hose. Bad evaporator.
So what I'm trying to say is that ac blowing warm on the passenger side doesn't always mean that it's a faulty blend door actuator. I think being low on refrigerant is what caused the same symptom on my sons car.

slimpickens

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucern
Believe it or not, that turned out to be the very problem. After removing the glove box, three of the door actuator were in view and working properly. Could not see the far left door on the driver's side. So checked with the gauges, and was low with freon (or refrigerant). Only took a half can, but is cooling properly. Time will tell if that will remedy the problem for good. Thanks Ropchips for your input.

Pedal Commander