• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2006 Lucerne rear door lock

doitz

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Greetings, has anyone else had rear door lock issues? My door will not open from inside or out. i removed the inner panel and accessed the linkages, all ok. problem must be inside the lock housing but i cannot figure out how to get the housing off while the door is closed and cant open the door. Dealer has part($ 120) and said they sell a lot-hmmmmm. No recall-of course. Any help much appreciated.

2008Lucerne

Memphis
Buick Ownership
Buick 2008 Lucerne
My rear passenger side door lock does not work automatically. I have to manually lock or unlock the door but I dont have issues with the door handle mechanism.

What part is the dealer selling a lot of?

Last edited:

doitz

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
the actual latch assembly for rear doors that holds the door closed. the part that is screwed to the door and attached to the handle and doorlock via 2 linkage bars. The handle and doorlock function fine moving the lankage but the door wont open so has to be internal within the latch mechanism. i did notice the door starting to require 2-3-4 pulls on the handle before it would "catch" and open in the weeks before it broke. if anyone starts to see this, REPLACE THE LATCH IMMEDIATELY b-c it is a nightmare(impossible) to get at if you cant open the door. between the rusted wheels leaking air and this moronic engineering, its goodbye GM!:mad:

92sub

Motor City
Buick Ownership
87GN (gone), 2011 CXS (gone), 98 Regal GS
Some of you people crack me up.

sureshot

Buick Ownership
Buick
the actual latch assembly for rear doors that holds the door closed. the part that is screwed to the door and attached to the handle and doorlock via 2 linkage bars. The handle and doorlock function fine moving the lankage but the door wont open so has to be internal within the latch mechanism. i did notice the door starting to require 2-3-4 pulls on the handle before it would "catch" and open in the weeks before it broke. if anyone starts to see this, REPLACE THE LATCH IMMEDIATELY b-c it is a nightmare(impossible) to get at if you cant open the door. between the rusted wheels leaking air and this moronic engineering, its goodbye GM!:mad:
My guess - someone bungled a previous door lock replacement.

The outside handle has a direct link rod to the latch, which may have come unclipped.
The inside handle works the latch by a pull cable, which is almost impossible to screw up.
Of course any foolproof design underestimates the ingenuity of fools.

92sub

Motor City
Buick Ownership
87GN (gone), 2011 CXS (gone), 98 Regal GS
I have the same problem. I have the rear panel off and everything seems to work properly - but the door will not open. Where do I go from here?
Barginbob
lobo951@sbcglobal.net
Since you need a new latch assembly anyway, I suggest you go get the new part and then play with it on the bench to understand how the latch lever works. Then it's usually just a matter of getting in the door with a chisel and hammer and force the latch open.......they are never fun.

sureshot

Buick Ownership
Buick
You got the inside door panel off with the door closed?
That's amazing!

It's possible the child safety feature is set.
You can test how that works on the opposite door.

greenidoll

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Same here 09 Buick should have a recall on this problem
Its sad the money we paid for our luxury car and now the back door wont lock or unlock with the remote:headbang:

Keithtf

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Same here 09 Buick should have a recall on this problem
Its sad the money we paid for our luxury car and now the back door wont lock or unlock with the remote:headbang:
Your lucky. My 2006 now has both rear doors shut and can't open either one. I just called Service Dept. and of course they claim ignorance to the problem. "You want to set up an appointment".
Also recently my key fobs quit working. They both tested okay. I purchased a replacement module and had them install it. They couldn't get it to work. They also said both key fobs tested bad. Hadn't used them of course since they tested good. What a bunch of liars. This is also my last GM product and yes, its part of the ignition switch recall. I won't even go into the oil leak from the $29 oil pan gasket that is about $3000 in labor to drop the engine to get at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Volkwagan here I come.

polarzak

Buick Ownership
Ex-Lucerne Owner, Now loving two Chrysler 300s.
This is a severe safety issue. I have written to GM Detroit, GM Canada, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and Transport Canada’s Motor Vehicle Safety Directorate, and will be writing/emailing to EVERY news media outlet in the two countries. (I got lots of time on my hands) People need to know about this safety defect. Unfortunately GM will only act when people die. What a lousy company GM has become. I am so glad I bought a Chrysler 300, rather than a Lacrosse or Regal. Two poorly designed pieces of Japanese imitation crap.

oldschool

Barrie, Ont
Buick Ownership
'03 Buick LeSabre, '07 Allure CXL
I hope you get somewhere with this complaint. When my drivers door latch failed it was annoying but it could have been deadly. If I had been rear ended and there was a fire, by the time I crawled out the other side I would have been toast. GM should be addressing this problem. But like you said, people have to die first.

G-807511

Your lucky. My 2006 now has both rear doors shut and can't open either one. I just called Service Dept. and of course they claim ignorance to the problem. "You want to set up an appointment".
Also recently my key fobs quit working. They both tested okay. I purchased a replacement module and had them install it. They couldn't get it to work. They also said both key fobs tested bad. Hadn't used them of course since they tested good. What a bunch of liars. This is also my last GM product and yes, its part of the ignition switch recall. I won't even go into the oil leak from the $29 oil pan gasket that is about $3000 in labor to drop the engine to get at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Volkwagan here I come.
HAHA good luck with a Volksuxwagan

Turbo Buick Badge