2006 Rendezvous - check fuel lines

stevek1330

Buick Ownership
Buick
I'd would suggest that all 2006 Rendezvous owners inspect your fuel supply line underneath the car. Right around the driver's seat, toward the middle of the car, there are heat sleeves on the fuel supply line that had severe rust to the point where I had a leak occur. The rest of the line looked fine. I am assuming the sleeves were the cause due to moisture being trapped. I have a hard time believing my issue was isolated. Do yourself a favor and check this line as soon as possible. I'm not sure about other years of the Rendezvous but I'm assuming the setup would have been similar in models close to 2006. Is this an issue on your Rendezvous?

the tenor man

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I had the same problem on my 2004. The fuel lines list for about $600 at the dealer.

I had a local mechanic cut out the rust and replace the area with high pressure rubber fuel lines with 2 clamps on either end...2 years...so far, so good...$200 including the towing charge....

The Tenor Man

chamjaco

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
any pictures of the location? maybe pics of the repair?

thanks, going to check mine......
I just happen to have a pic I just took. I am highly disappointed right now. This is not the only issue I took photos of. The leak is straight under the driver's seat. Just look underneath and you should see a bright yellow tag, that's your gas line and the leak should be VERY close to that. You WILL smell and see it. It looks VERY dangerous. I am a single mom with two kids. Buick needs to recall this!!! My gas line has actually expanded, rusted, and burst.

Attachments

tstevens

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I just happen to have a pic I just took. I am highly disappointed right now. This is not the only issue I took photos of. The leak is straight under the driver's seat. Just look underneath and you should see a bright yellow tag, that's your gas line and the leak should be VERY close to that. You WILL smell and see it. It looks VERY dangerous. I am a single mom with two kids. Buick needs to recall this!!! My gas line has actually expanded, rusted, and burst.
:mad:I just did the same thing with our 2004 Rendezvous, since it has already sprung a leak.... I actually got pics of it spurting out of one of the lines right in between the rubber. Pic is on my phone, when I get around to it, I'll post it.

Any chance anyone has heard of a recall on this? :sad:

typhoonk

Buick Ownership
Buick
Checked mine a few months ago. Glad I did.
brake lines right beside the fuel line were leaking like crazy. Had to have all my lines replaced. Fuel lines looked like they were replaced before I got the truck.

mine is a 2002.

stevek1330

Buick Ownership
Buick
I replaced my line myself. The Buick dealer told me they no longer stocked the part and it would have to be formed in the shop at $110 per hour. Instead, I went to a local garage, he made one phone call and was able to get the OEM fuel line (I believe he called the very same dealer). I can get you the part number if you are interested and you can probably get one from the parts dept. at a GM dealer. My advice, everyone is out there to rip you off. At the very least, I would recommend you get the part and pay an independent shop to install it.

stevek1330

Buick Ownership
Buick
That part number is 15142939. A quick internet search shows the part is available for sixty something dollars. It's a little tricky to get in there but it can be done without removing anything. Best of luck!

rayjay4

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
My 2003 Rendezvous started a leak there in March.i bought 12" long neoprene 3/8"dia. and 2 gear type hose clamps at parts store for$8.00-has not leaked yet.

bellanca

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have bought the replacement fuel line for the rendezvous. Is it best install from the bottom of the vehicle up towards the engine? Is there a preferred way? It has many bends and seems like this will not be an easy install
Regards
m

hondo0512

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 2006 Rendezvous and unbelievable Buick used iron metal alloy in all their lines. Besides my fuel line rusted a hole where it is stabilized by plastic sleeve anchor to the frame. I first smell gas and upon inspection the insulated sleeve prevent the gas spraying on the catalytic converter starting a fire. I'm a DIY'er so unanchored the metal fuel line and cut out the rusted area; flare both ends and clamped a thick 3/8 inch rubber gas line hose in its place. So far so good. But all the other pressure lines, e.g., power steering lines and transmission have rusted spot where they are anchor and those spots look wet. By the rack & pinion box, the power steering return line has rusted through so temporarily I wrapped the 3/8" rubber gas hose around the rusted area clamped the hose to try to patch the rusted hole. For a permanent solution, I plan to cut out 2-3" around the rusted hole and replace it with 3/8 inch copper tubing with a flare union and compression nuts if I can get enough room so my fingers can do the work. I have rusted hole beginning on the transmission lines behind the radiator. I cannot believe Buick did this as they claim push for quality. It is more like planned obsolescent/

csh

Buick Ownership
Rendezvous
Had this same problem a year ago on my 2006 Rendezvous. Vehicle struggled to turn over and I figured it was my fuel pump, ended up finding the leak and replacing that section of line with fuel hose for $15. Currently trying to find out if another leak may be the reason my o2 sensor is coming up as busted (maybe too much air getting into fuel system). Apparently the o2 sensor on this car is a nightmare to reach...like everything else on this car.

Last edited:

G-414565

Betting this is what the issue is on my 2005.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.