• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2007 Brake Pedal adjustment?

Zeemanjo

Tampa
Buick Ownership
Lucerne
First time post. I have acquired my Dad’s 2007 Buick Lucerne. I noticed the brake lights were always on so I purchased a brake pedal sensor. Before putting it in I did a little research and read it would have to be calibrated so I didn’t change it yet. While driving it around, I just happened to lift up the brake pedal with my foot and they went off. I barely touch it, but they do go off. Could this be a loose pedal causing this? Is there a adjustment for the pedal?

Thanks in advance

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Attached are a couple diagrams on the brake pedal assembly, but there doesn't appear to be any adjustments other than the sensor. If you able to actually look at the assembly you may see something that could be used to correct it.

Attachments

Zeemanjo

Tampa
Buick Ownership
Lucerne
Thanks for the diagrams. Does anyone know if any of the parts stores can calibrate the sensor? Really trying to avoid going to Buick on this

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The parts store will not have a proper scanner, dealer or professional shop.

century76

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2008 Buick Lucerne CX
There's no guarantee that you'll have to take it in to get the calibration done. I lucked out when I replaced mine. Worked fine with the existing calibration.

The biggest issue I had was with the black panel. When I removed it, I managed to burn my finger on the light bulb. Those bulbs run really hot.

Zeemanjo

Tampa
Buick Ownership
Lucerne
thanks to all who replied. With some time and a few curse words, I got this in tonight and it works with no need to calibrate thankfully. Now off to the other issues

Pedal Commander