• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2007 drivers door wiring diagram

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
That's not factory, it's DIY for some unknown reason. Check the harness at the door to frame in the bellows for broken or cracked wires.

The Chilton manual may have the diagram on this.

Greg Nelson

Buick Ownership
08 Lucerne CXL
The added ground wire is required for the power windows and locks to operate. I will investigate wires in the bellows next. Door is back together.

Greg Nelson

Buick Ownership
08 Lucerne CXL
Pulled apart and found two black ground wires cut. Why I wonder? All wires show no fatigue.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Cut or broken are similar in appearance, assuming it was a backyard fix VS actually getting a new harness. If this was done possibly other items may have similar type fixes which may come up.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
I can understand why previous owner may have done it as they had a ground short some place. One way to check is with a meter set on a continuity test and check at both ends. I lost the driver's speaker and when I pulled out the harness had several almost and going to be broken wires that were not visible all in the bellows, that was on a 40k vehicle. If you can check the frame connector at the door it may be just not making a clean contact, can't say it's the cause.