• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2008 Buick Lacrosse - Dashboard and Button Lights?

sidepart

Contributing Member
Buick Ownership
2008 Buick LaCrosse Super, {RIP}2000 Buick LeSabre Limited{RIP}
I'm going to be tearing open the dashboard to install a new radio in a few days. I figured it might be worth it to also replace a few burnt out light bulbs while I'm at it. Does anyone know what bulbs I should buy? Having a hard time coming up with a definitive answer.

I need at least one for my instrument panel (just behind the 6 on my RPM gauge). Also need a few for the top row of control buttons above the radio (Mileage, fuel economy button, info button, hazard light button, etc). Most of those have burnt out by now. Not clear to me if the instrument panel and the buttons use the same light bulbs.

Any install tips (or a rough idea of what I'm getting into) would be helpful too. If it's anything like the LeSabre, I had to break out a soldering iron and also be careful not to damage some rubberized "glove" around each bulb.

tmanp

Buick Ownership
2006 Buick Lacrosse CXL 3800 S3 V6- 150,000 mi
The DIC buttons, I just replaced ($35, I think) because I had a couple burned out. It was pretty easy and took only about 5 minutes to replace that entire switch assembly.

tmanp

Buick Ownership
2006 Buick Lacrosse CXL 3800 S3 V6- 150,000 mi
Make sure that the button matches your car's configuration- i.e. number of buttons- does the car have the uplevel DIC with gas mileage? Traction control?

G-692906

The DIC buttons, I just replaced ($35, I think) because I had a couple burned out. It was pretty easy and took only about 5 minutes to replace that entire switch assembly.
I know this is an old thread but how do you actually get at the panel to replace it?

Pedal Commander