• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2008 model, odometer screen and radio stay on night mode

jagmanvdp

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Greeting:

Just purchased a 2008 Allure CXL and have been having issues with the odometer screen and radio screen staying in "night" mode. they remain dim even during the morning when the sun is beating down on the light sensor on the top of the dash. Some days they go to the bright mode after awhile...other days they stay very dim and unreadable.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have looked carefully at the dome covering the light sensor and it appears clear and clean to me.

Thanks

Darren

bobk4000

St. Paul, MN
Hello,

Had the same issue with my 2005 LaCrosse CX - the headlights were staying on long after sunrise or turning on way before dusk. Found a TSB (technical service bulletin) - not a recall - where the dealer did a reprogramming of the module that controls the automatic headlights and that solved the issue. Here is a link from an old post with the details: 2005-LaCrosse-hard-to-read-odometer-in-early-mornings

Hope this helps.
Bob

Turbo Buick Badge