2008 Super FE4 spring replacement item

Thread starter #1

MarcM

Buick Newbie
Monadnock Region, NH
Buick Ownership
08 Lacrosse Super
I was searching for the future and noticed GM# 22248289 was discontinued and see no replacement part #. Did they just decide not to make them and have to have them custom wound?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I was searching for the future and noticed GM# 22248289 was discontinued and see no replacement part #. Did they just decide not to make them and have to have them custom wound?
Not sure if it would fit and probably higher spring rate but maybe Grand Prix GXP spring 22133030 would work? They appear to be available.
PS Looks like strut bearing # 0908554 is also not available.

Last edited:
Thread starter #4

MarcM

Buick Newbie
Monadnock Region, NH
Buick Ownership
08 Lacrosse Super
Not sure if it would fit and probably higher spring rate but maybe Grand Prix GXP spring 22133030 would work? They appear to be available.
PS Looks like strut bearing # 0908554 is also not available.
Thank you. I'll look into it.

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
When you say "future" what is the going to be the need a replacement or upgrade? There are aftermarket company's that have stock OEM springs sizes and specs at costs that are equal or less than GM. Some can do a spring that will meet specs and have the ability to get a 1-2 inch drop, check online as they are out there.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.