• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2009 Buick Enclave Having issues starting when enginge is warm

realmccoy813

Buick Ownership
2009 Buick Enlave CXL
I am having issues trying to start my car after is been running for a while ( at operating temp) then shut off for let's say for at least 4 or 5 minutes. So let's say I'm out and about and decide to stop at the store for a quick in and out purchase, if it takes longer than 3 or 4 minute. I will have the wait until the engine has cooled a bit before it will start again. This has been going on for over two months now I'd say and seem to be getting progressively worst i.e. the wait time is getting longer....I've been scouring the globe trying to find a definitive solution. Only thing I've can conclude is that its highly likely fuel related. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Its starts up without a hitch first thing in the moringing, after work, after a long sit.....

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Do you have a check engine light on?
Have you done a fuel pressure test including checking how long it takes the pressure to drop after the engine is turned off.

realmccoy813

Buick Ownership
2009 Buick Enlave CXL
Do you have a check engine light on?
Have you done a fuel pressure test including checking how long it takes the pressure to drop after the engine is turned off.
No. No light no codes.

I've only read the live data via an al329 OBDII scan tool and it appears it takes a while for the pressure to drop. Fuel rail pressure that is

Last edited:

realmccoy813

Buick Ownership
2009 Buick Enlave CXL
No. No light no codes.

I've only read the live data via an al329 OBDII scan tool and it appears it takes a while for the pressure to drop. Fuel rail pressure that is
Yet another piece to the puzzle I failed to mention the vehicle shuts off on me, today make three times now, if it idles too long. There was an accident on the Florida Turnpike and traffic was backed up and off it went and of course doesnt want to start back up. Oh and I noticed my engine temp raising a bit. My next item of focus is the fuel pressure regulator. Could that cause these symptoms??

P.S. When the cranks are attempted they are really sluggish sounding. Battery level is high during but with drain if repeated attempts are made. Another though is heated electrical wiring that is drawing alot of current but cant explain the shut offs or can it???

Thanks,

Last edited:
Turbo Buick Badge