2009 Buick Lacrosse CXL battery dead - how to get into trunk to get my battery jumper?

Thread starter #1

cloudeleven

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I got into my car this morning and found the battery is dead. The problem is my battery charger to jump my battery is in the trunk, and I can't get into the trunk since the battery is dead. You can't unlock the trunk with the key since there's no key cylinder on the trunk, the key fob doesn't work, holding the door unlock button on the driver and passenger doors doesn't work, my rear seats don't fold down and you can't reach into the trunk in the back seat, and there doesn't appear to be any button above the license plate to unlock the trunk (there's a coiled spring you can pull, but I pulled it hard and nothing happened). I also don't have OnStar. I assumed I would be able to get into the trunk manually if the battery was dead, otherwise I would have stored the battery jumper in the back seat.

What should I do? Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:
Thread starter #2

cloudeleven

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
OK, I got the charger out of my trunk by removing the back seat out of my car, then reaching under the cloth cover thing that is behind the back seat into the trunk. Hardest part was unscrewing the two bolts to get the back seat off.

Last edited:
Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You have one way, but if the Emergency Trunk Release handle can be pulled it would also open it. The problem is reaching it going through the armrest pass through, not a easy task but possible with something that can hook the handle.

This won't help you but others that may look at this post.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
GM had a brain fart on this poor design!!

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Yup, been there and done that, good idea on the safety pull. I would go one step further and run a length of parachute cord or other into back seat area. Maybe if even a few mini-pulleys need be used for smooth release.

Next time just pull release from back seat, tie off to headrest rod or other.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Like was it previously mentioned, GM Engineers went to Lunch, and forgot that the BEAN COUNTERS make the decisions during their lunch break/ absence minds. Totally stupid mistake on behalf of GM>

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.