2009 Lucerne driver window intermittent

jagarrett

Buick Ownership
2009 Lucerne
Started as window would not operate, replaced switch module and worked for a couple of weeks, and then it quit again. To make a long story short I discovered that if I disconnected and reconnected the large plug in the harness it would start working again,,,for a while ,,could be a week or could be a month. I would loosen the plug reconnect and everything works for a while. I figured it was a bad connection in the plug so I replaced it with individual bullet connectors, well it was still doing the same thing.
At this point I am guessing that since I'm dealing with a computer I am reseting something by reconnecting the harness. I have no ideaa where to go from here.
Every time it quits now I disconect/reconnect the left hand switch in the door module and its back to working untill it decides to quit again. Any sugestions???
Thanks,
Julian

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
As it is intermittent it's hard to point to certain area or part. It may be a broken or short in the wiring harnesses. Not mentioned if any other windows do same, so assuming it's the drivers only that would need to be considered. Check the harness in the bellows between the frame and door for breaks or hairline cracks, depending on mileage the drivers door gets the most use.
0508254H10-045.png 1009274H14-059.png

0123BRAD

Buick Ownership
2008 Lucerne CXL
FYI, My 2008 CXL driver door wiring insulation looked fine until I pulled each wire, some wires inside of the loom were cut clean, no indication there was a problem by looking at them . Soldered them back together, a-ok for now.

Attachments

• LucerneDoorWires_Moment.jpg
    LucerneDoorWires_Moment.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
I was able to get a brand new harness same problem, drivers door speaker would cut out once in awhile, chased in the door and pulled the bellows back saw enough that it was time to replace and tossed on some dielectric grease to keep it lubricated. What sucks is the car at that time had 50K so it's crappy wire vendor.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!