2010 Enclave Will Not Start

AChavez

Buick Newbie
El Paso, Texas
Buick Ownership
2010 Enclave and 2013 LaCrosse
BUICK,

I am writing because I am concerned with what has been going on with my 2010 Buick Enclave. I bought this car brand new and have had it for 7 years and up until now we have loved our vehicle. This year all of a sudden the vehicle began to have starting problems. The best way to describe it my wife would go to work, when she got out of work she would go to the car and the vehicle would not start. At first I asked her did she leave something on and of course nothing would be on. So the first time I had it towed to the local dealership (which by the way are AWESOME) and in the morning the vehicle started for the Service person. He had the tech run a check on it and apparently everything turned out positive.

Second time was in early February, same thing happen. My wife went to work, got out of work went to start the car and the car would not start. I immediately called my service guy and told him that the problem presented itself again and that I would have it towed in the next day. He told me "no" to leave it there and he would come out to my wife's work with a tech the next day. Well the service guy and tech came out the next day and after several times of turning the ignition the car started. So he took it to the shop to run test on it. According to the test the car's battery had bad cells and needed to be replaced. Battery replaced on February 22, 2017 and all test ran on the car passed.

Third time was yesterday March 1, 2017. this time my wife was lucky enough to get off from work and get in her car and drove home. At 6pm we decided to go have dinner walked into the garage and the car did not start. I immediately tired it multiple times and the car did not start. I video myself so the service guy can see and I texted him about the problem. I told him that I would push the car into the street so he can come pick it up in the morning and he said great.

Well this morning March 2, 2017 I went outside at 6am to go to work and said, let me see if the car starts. Well guess what the car did start and I turned it off and started up three different times. So instead of the service guy coming to my house I drove the car to the dealership and told him to please check it out and get to the bottom as to what is causing this problem of not starting. The thing that alarms me is that it is my wife's car and I cannot rely on the car if it continues to do this.

Are there any reported issues out there that are like the one I describe.

Please advise.

Alexander Chavez

gafireman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I'm surprise there is no other entry here. My wife is having the exact issue with her 2012 Enclave. It starts when it wants, and when we take it to the dealer the truck starts fine, On Friday it would not turn off for 20 minutes, even when I took the key out of the ignition the Enclave continue to run. Finally when I got it to shut down the check engine light stayed on.

I wish I could get rid of this junk, but we would be so up side down..... :confused: :( AChavez did you have any luck fixing this issue?

Cheryl DuBois

Buick Ownership
Enclave
I'm so glad that someone is writing about this. My 2013 Buick Enclave continues to cut off. It has been cutting off and on for about a year. We have been trying different things such as replacing the battery and taking it to the dealership. They have now had my car for two weeks and still do not know what is causing the problem. Luckily, but unluckily, it did cut off while I was at the dealership so they do see that there is a problem. However, it is so sporadic that it doesn't duplicate it's self enough so that they can fix it. (there words not mine).

I just wish this could be fixed. I can't believe it could take this long to find the cause.

Please advise.

Cheryl DuBois

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.