BuickBlows00

Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse
Previously (a month ago) had issues getting my 2010 LaCrosse to start, was saying 5 keys programmed, had battery replaced, seemed to remedy the issue for a month but then 3 days ago, the car actually slowed and died WHILE I was driving it! After a minute I managed to get it to start up again and was able to get it to the shoulder before the power steering and breaks went out, car slowed and check engine light started flashing and the car rolled to a stop. When trying to start it again after that, all lights would come on, radio, flashers, etc and it was like it was still trying to run but it wasn’t if that makes sense. I had it towed home since it was a Sunday and all shops were closed. After sitting overnight, it started up again fine the next morning, again and again I got it to start up, let it sit, revved it a bit, but sounded like it was slowing loosing power as it sat even though lights and everything were fine. I managed to drive it 2 miles to the closest shop where it died again while driving it, thankfully this time in the shop parking lot. They managed to start it and get it pulled into the bay before it did it again. They thought perhaps the alternator and replaced it, but then they had the same issue, so they took new alternator out and put old back in and now they are saying body control module. They have looked over every stinking inch of the car over the last 2 days and that’s all they can come up with. They are ordering the part tomorrow and will have the dealer in town help with programming most likely. Not sure yet if this will resolve the issue but fingers crossed. The mechanics have all said in their years they’ve never seen anything like this, almost as if my car is having a seizure. The heart (engine) is fine but the brain is not communicating properly. They don’t think it’s fuel pump, ignition switch, or timing chains. So...we will see. If anyone has experienced something similar please comment. Very terrified to drive this afterwords given that it died while driving on the roadway...This vehicle seems to have a ton of electrical issues and I’m surprised there isn’t a massive recall. A vehicle coming to a stop and dying while driving on a highway is NOT safe to say the least.

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
Pls let us know the outcome, sorry to hear, all I can comment is that doesnt sound like the battery or the alternator to me.

BuickBlows00

Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse
Pls let us know the outcome, sorry to hear, all I can comment is that doesnt sound like the battery or the alternator to me.
Before I had the battery replaced, when I was having trouble starting the car, when I’d finally get it started, the hazard lights would be flashing upon start-up, the battery wasn’t that old either, so I am thinking BCM is likely, although I’m not sure how I feel about the quoted cost, he’s saying $600+ to do this...let’s hope this resolves the issue. I’ll definitely post an update.

overdrive

Buick Ownership
2015 Lacrosse
Before I had the battery replaced, when I was having trouble starting the car, when I’d finally get it started, the hazard lights would be flashing upon start-up, the battery wasn’t that old either, so I am thinking BCM is likely, although I’m not sure how I feel about the quoted cost, he’s saying $600+ to do this...let’s hope this resolves the issue. I’ll definitely post an update.
We're experiencing a similar problem. Do you have an update?

BuickBlows00

Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse
We're experiencing a similar problem. Do you have an update?
The mechanic ended up replacing both the EDM and BCM cost me an arm and a leg. He said he wasn’t sure which went first but that it caused the other to go sort of a hand-in-hand thing? The car still doesn’t feel like it’s running quite right, perhaps it’s paranoia but thinking back now how I saw the trunk randomly open at times and the emergency blinkers would start up when turning the car on before I had the battery replaced were all signs of the computer failing

Get your turbo buick badge right here!