• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2010 Lacrosse Water Leak

redbarrontx

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I noticed today that I had standing water in my rear passenger Floor board. So I vacumed it out, thing someone got in the car with wet shoes (I'm in Washington). Then while vacuming I let the seat down and noticed iit was damp in the trunk. So I lifted the spare tire cover and found about 1.5 inches of water. I immediately vacumed it out. Has anyone else seen this before? I saw articles about drain tubes but have yet to locate them. Can anyone help me?

Model: Lacrosse CXS
year: 2010

Detroit, USA
I noticed today that I had standing water in my rear passenger Floor board. So I vacumed it out, thing someone got in the car with wet shoes (I'm in Washington). Then while vacuming I let the seat down and noticed iit was damp in the trunk. So I lifted the spare tire cover and found about 1.5 inches of water. I immediately vacumed it out. Has anyone else seen this before? I saw articles about drain tubes but have yet to locate them. Can anyone help me?

redbarrontx,

Sincere apologies to read of your water leak concerns. I understand that you're seeking thoughts and opinions, but send us a message if you want to take it a step further and get an official diagnosis. We will then reach out to a Customer Experience Manager at your desired dealer for additional assistance in these matters. If not, feel free to PM us your VIN so we may check our resources for any recalls.

Kind regards,

William R. (assisting Jessica)
Buick Customer Care

jeffc83

Philadelphia, PA
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Lacrosse Touring in Storm Grey Metallic (sold) / 2013 Cadillac XTS Luxury

I had this issue with my CTS and is a common problem with those cars. (I checked my LaCrosse this evening and it is designed the same way) There are four tubes, one in each corner of the sunroof. Take compressed air to the ends (or something that you can use to "feed" through the tubes...like a plumbers snake) to get rid of the debris. The tubes are not thick and can get clogged up. (well, at least with the CTS...our LaCrosse seems to have thicker tubing) With my CTS, I also had a third brake light leak PLUS "failed" moonroof seals...I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be the case for you as we do not even have a third brake light outside the vehicle. I HATE to see this happen to the LaCrosse too but seems evident as the design is similar to the CTS. Good luck!

MHT

Indiana
You really should get your car inside somewhere so that things will dry out properly. If you had standing water than the trunk and carpet pad are soaked and need to be fully dried. I would take it in to the dealer and let them check and make certain that the drain tubes to the moon roof are clear and also let them check to make certain that water has not been absorbed in more areas of the carpet than you think.
If the carpet is not fully dry than it might be a good idea to let them keep the car and get the carpet dry.

JFD

Buick Ownership
Buick
I noticed the same area was wet the other day too.... will check sunroof drains when weather warms a bit.

G-360544

You really should get your car inside somewhere so that things will dry out properly. If you had standing water than the trunk and carpet pad are soaked and need to be fully dried. I would take it in to the dealer and let them check and make certain that the drain tubes to the moon roof are clear and also let them check to make certain that water has not been absorbed in more areas of the carpet than you think.
If the carpet is not fully dry than it might be a good idea to let them keep the car and get the carpet dry.
What a reply and what a way for Buick to screw consumers. Used to be my favorite car.

Pedal Commander