2011 2.4L Stalling when turning and at idle

Thread starter #1
Buick Ownership
Regal
So I'm trying to help troubleshoot a friend's regal still and he finally got the codes off of it at autozone. It is stalling when turning when the AC compressor is on (defrost/AC) and also died when idling on him the other day at a gas station. I'm pretty good at replacing components but I am unsure if I should start tackling issues one by one or if there is a larger issue that could throw all these codes. My gut tells me to replace the cam position sensor and o2 sensors and pray but before I start swapping things out could these all be related? The BCM and immobilizer key one have me scratching my head. Should I recommend he see a real GM dealer or should any mechanic worth their weight be able to figure this one out? The car has 120,000 miles. Thanks!

U0140 - Lost Communication With Body Control Module
P0013 - B Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit (Bank 1)
P0131 - O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1
P1071 - Fuel System Too Lean (Bank 1)
P0513 - Incorrect Immobilizer Key
P1133 - HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1

Thread starter #2
Buick Ownership
Regal
Still working on this, I've tidied up the list to kind of figure out what I need to buy, if it helps anyone

-------------------------------------------------------
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074P3Y6KH/
(has many good reviews, cheaper)
or
ACDELCO 12679100
(OEM part)

(O2 sensor is the one BEFORE the catalytic converter, upstream)

WALKER PRODUCTS 250-24492
(oem part)
https://www.amazon.com/Walker-Products-250-24492-4-Wire-Oxygen/dp/B000CLOU1M/

mdb007

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal
Cam position sensor is for sure, happened to my wife's 11 this summer, it died twice then a few weeks later died 3 times in one day while waiting at stoplight and driving about 40 on local street. Funny thing was it threw that code over a year and a half ago, I cleared it and it never came back till this year. They actually replaced 2 and car was fine after that and charged $253 which wasn't bad. However they found both rear springs broken and shocks bad and wanted another $560, I said thanks but no thanks and changed myself for about $220 with ac delco oem. Oh and said plugs need changed for $260! Thats another job i'll do this winter for about $40.

Thread starter #4
Buick Ownership
Regal
Cam position sensor is for sure, happened to my wife's 11 this summer, it died twice then a few weeks later died 3 times in one day while waiting at stoplight and driving about 40 on local street. Funny thing was it threw that code over a year and a half ago, I cleared it and it never came back till this year. They actually replaced 2 and car was fine after that and charged $253 which wasn't bad. However they found both rear springs broken and shocks bad and wanted another $560, I said thanks but no thanks and changed myself for about $220 with ac delco oem. Oh and said plugs need changed for $260! Thats another job i'll do this winter for about $40.
Thanks for the reply mdb,

Did you mean to say cam position actuator? These are on the top of the engine. The cam position sensors are on the side I believe. Thanks again.

519Turbo

Buick Newbie
Canada
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal GS AWD
Still working on this, I've tidied up the list to kind of figure out what I need to buy, if it helps anyone

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074P3Y6KH/
(has many good reviews, cheaper)
or
ACDELCO 12679100
(OEM part)

(O2 sensor is the one BEFORE the catalytic converter, upstream)

WALKER PRODUCTS 250-24492
(oem part)
https://www.amazon.com/Walker-Products-250-24492-4-Wire-Oxygen/dp/B000CLOU1M/
The P0013 is the reason for your stalling and when all the other codes come on, all the other codes are basically dummy codes that sometime set and sometimes don't, what happens is the camshaft actuator solenoid valve sticks on and hold oil pressure to the camshaft actuators which in turns keeps the camshaft too advanced or too retired depending on the camshaft for low engine running speeds, i would start by replacing both the intake and exhaust camshaft actuator solenoid valves, they are both location on the plastic engine cover and will be on the front side (passenger side of vehicle when viewing the engine from the front of the vehicle), make sure you clean all and any debris that is sitting by the solenoid valve before you remove then as to not allow debris to fall in the engine, clear all the codes, check your oil level, and anyway you go

OlSmokie

Buick Ownership
Regal
I did the plugs in my Regal this summer and they might have been the easiest plugs I've ever changed.

Thread starter #9
Buick Ownership
Regal
Hello again everybody. I replaced the exhaust cam actuator solenoid and the codes went away (so far). They only show as historic codes. But now there is a P0300 code that was not there before. Is that a whole 'nother ball of wax or possibly related? Thanks!

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Hello again everybody. I replaced the exhaust cam actuator solenoid and the codes went away (so far). They only show as historic codes. But now there is a P0300 code that was not there before. Is that a whole 'nother ball of wax or possibly related? Thanks!
Do you feel the engine missing or does it feel normal/good all around ?

P0300 can be due to many things, but if the car feels good and doesn't miss while idling or accelerating then it could be because car needs a cam/crank relearn procedure done by the dealer. But many cars do it on their own over time, hence why I ask if you feel the misfire or not.
If you feel the misfire then it's something else.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.