2011 Buick Enclave constant random bad misfiring.

Bart87

Buick Ownership
2011 enclave
This is my first ever post in a forum but I’m at my wits end... over the last 2 years this enclave has had two sets of plugs and coils, all new fuel injectors, a new valve gasket as oil was leaking in the chambers, and new right bank catalytic converter. The misfiring has gotten so bad I most recently took it to a shop outside of a GM dealer and they said it’s probably bad carbon build up so they did a top engine clean...no check engine light and she ran great for 2 days! Over the period of two weeks it got so bad that it is almost not driveable. I don’t know what to do. I would appreciate any incite at all.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
I'll assume all of the service has been done by others. Looking at the amount of service on the same parts I would have to question the shop(s) doing the service, it's as if someone is tossing parts at it so they can get it out the door and not finding or understanding the root cause of the problem. You took it to a shop and a top engine clean was recommended, but 2 days later it was back to the problem.

I don't think anyone can really tell what is wrong over a forum. I would ask you what these shops are saying when you come back with the same problem? No casting any call on you, but they need to be accountable for their work or in this case lack of. Not knowing why they went the route on the replacement parts, what codes or diagnosis process, I think anyone that doesn't have a hands on is going to be guessing at best.

I would suggest finding a highly recommended shop, one from people you know have had good experiences, check out there reviews. Have them check it out, not repair, but let you know what they find and have them fully explain how and why they feel this the solution.

The last option is get it going good enough to trade it in and it is now someone else's problem, sorry but there's not to many options.

I hope you do get the problem resolved.

Bart87

Buick Ownership
2011 enclave
I'll assume all of the service has been done by others. Looking at the amount of service on the same parts I would have to question the shop(s) doing the service, it's as if someone is tossing parts at it so they can get it out the door and not finding or understanding the root cause of the problem. You took it to a shop and a top engine clean was recommended, but 2 days later it was back to the problem.

I don't think anyone can really tell what is wrong over a forum. I would ask you what these shops are saying when you come back with the same problem? No casting any call on you, but they need to be accountable for their work or in this case lack of. Not knowing why they went the route on the replacement parts, what codes or diagnosis process, I think anyone that doesn't have a hands on is going to be guessing at best.

I would suggest finding a highly recommended shop, one from people you know have had good experiences, check out there reviews. Have them check it out, not repair, but let you know what they find and have them fully explain how and why they feel this the solution.

The last option is get it going good enough to trade it in and it is now someone else's problem, sorry but there's not to many options.

I hope you do get the problem resolved.
Thanks for getting back. I was really just wondering if there was a common issue out there specific to this vehicle that I’ve missed especially since the very bad misfire is random. New injectors, 1st set of plugs, coils, catalytic converter (really was bad), and egr valve were replaced myself so I wasn’t out too much other than time and headache. I only used the shop for diagnostics as I simply can’t throw that kind of money away when I can do it myself and theres no guarantee they’ll have fixed it. Car has 130,000 on it and i just need it to run for another year and I’ll have it paid off.
Given that I saw improvement after a top clean I’m thinking I’m going to have to clean the valves by hand to completely remove the build up (if that’s the issue).

If anything I just needed to vent to somebody that didn’t mind to listen.
Thanks.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
No problem, at 130K it's a hit or miss sometimes on what may be a issue. If you check out the forum some people had problems at 50K and others at 150K. The only item you may want to check is the catalytic converter, if it's had a lot of stuff pushed through it from the other problems it may be partially plugged, can't say for sure but it's something to put on the list.

Bake

Buick Newbie
Canton, Ohio
Buick Ownership
Buick Enclave
It's possible it could be a snorkle valve ( or what ever it's called ) My 2012 was doing the same thing. It's a 150.00 fix @ a dealer in Ohio ( GO BUCKS ). If your mechanic guessed @ it, you should CHANGE mechanic's! Any mechanic can't figure what's wrong with a car now a days isn't worth their salt!

Scanlon

This is my first ever post in a forum but I’m at my wits end... over the last 2 years this enclave has had two sets of plugs and coils, all new fuel injectors, a new valve gasket as oil was leaking in the chambers, and new right bank catalytic converter. The misfiring has gotten so bad I most recently took it to a shop outside of a GM dealer and they said it’s probably bad carbon build up so they did a top engine clean...no check engine light and she ran great for 2 days! Over the period of two weeks it got so bad that it is almost not driveable. I don’t know what to do. I would appreciate any incite at all.
Recall 2009 enclaves code p0008 stretched timing belt. This may cause misfiring . GM not recalling any other models.