• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2011 Buick Enclave trouble P0008 code

Scanlon

I own 2011 Buick Enclave that started engine light goes on and off and can not clear error code p0008. I have only 72000 and little problems so far. The gas mileage has been poor lately 11mpg usually 14/15 in the City. Should I be concerned about timing belt stretched even though engine sounds good? Should I be looking for a replacement, I wanted to wait one or two years. GM recalled 2009 models no luck so far with other years.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
You have a timing chain not a belt. Do you hear a clattering noise from the front/passenger side of the engine?

TJM

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Enclave, 2010 Buick Enclave
Welcome to the club. There are many of these on the Enclave from 2008 thru 2015 as far as I see. I had a 2009 that they repaired under warranty. Presently have a 2010 and 2014. Don't ask me why. They are the last ones. I have driven buicks for the last 40 years but the Enclave is a bummer. Disappointed GM left so many owners out to lunch.

S.E.Texas Owner

Buick Ownership
Enclave
We had a 2010 w/ 155k miles and started throwing the well known P0008 code. After researching extensively online I spoke with my go to repair guy. He was aware of the code. Being the engine was running good he suggested to perform a B&G engine oil flush. Even though we regularly did engine oil changes with Mobil 1 he said some varnish built up on the camshaft sensors could be the problem. Did the flush and boy could you tell the improved performance. Went several days without the code but then showed again. Did want to sink anymore repair $$ into the vehicle and began shopping for replacement.

Scanlon

We had a 2010 w/ 155k miles and started throwing the well known P0008 code. After researching extensively online I spoke with my go to repair guy. He was aware of the code. Being the engine was running good he suggested to perform a B&G engine oil flush. Even though we regularly did engine oil changes with Mobil 1 he said some varnish built up on the camshaft sensors could be the problem. Did the flush and boy could you tell the improved performance. Went several days without the code but then showed again. Did want to sink anymore repair $$ into the vehicle and began shopping for replacement.

Scanlon

Thank u for the info , I wish u had better results. I guess I better start saving for the replacement, unfortunately not a Buick. Not worth chasing $ error code when the car still runs good.